It is time for the next challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.
This month for Challenge #18, the theme is Say it with a Sentiment. Words truly can convey much in the way of expressing what is on our mind and in our hearts. This month, instead of making an image the focal point of your project, we want you to use a sentiment. With so many beautifully scripted sentiments out there, we are sure you will find just the right words to convey, what it is you truly want to say.
In order to participate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme and the other rules that have been established for our particular challenge blog. You can find them, along with the prize information, listed in the right hand sidebar of the challenge blog. This challenge will end at 9pm PST on July 14th.
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well to help get you started. Also, be sure to check out Sam's special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection.
To help inspire you, I've created a Christmas card using two of Sandy's uniquely designed sentiments. Here are my card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything important...
- I'm still getting used to the colours of the new printer. I wish the colours would actually print out closer to what they appear on my screen. As a result, the sentiments, which I recoloured in Photoshop Elements, came out a darker red than I would have liked.
hoo. One more card added to the Christmas pot to avoid the yearly
Christmas Card Panic. While I was short one last month, I am hoping I
can make up for it this month.
Christmas Card Count to date: 11
Digital Sentiment Details:
- All Hearts Come Home: Sandy's sentiments are all one of a kind and uniquely created. I thought this one would be a beautiful focal point for my Christmas card. Clicking on the watermark below will take you to its location within the store.
- Gem stones, ribbon, fabric snowflakes and glitter stocking are all Crafts brand items, purchased at Dollarama.
- For a while now I have wanted to add little curly bits to one of my card using leftover strips of designer paper. I've kept two containers full just in case and finally, I figured out a way to use them. Well, with this card anyway.
- The mostly red dotted paper and the green graph paper are both from the Recollection's Signature Festivus paper pad.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- Seasons Greetings: I have used one of the two sentiments available in the Seasons Greetings collection. Clicking on the watermark below will take you to its location within the store.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, red.
- Sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- The word paper in the background on the front and inside is from the Recollection's Bright Christmas paper pad.
- Red cardstock used for matting -- --Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://qkrstampede.blogspot.co.uk/ -- -- Anything Goes
- http://challenges4everybody.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://crimbo-crackers.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes Christmas
- http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes: Christmas
- http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- http://52cct.blogspot.ca/ (limit of 10 others) -- Colour Challenge + twist of gold, silver, copper, antique or shiny (my gem stones are shiny)
- http://christmasstampin.blogspot.ca/ -- Ribbons (white ribbon) and Trims (my little swirls next to the stocking are my trims although depending on ones take, any of the embellishments I used might be considered trims)
- http://jinglebellesrock.blogspot.ca/ -- Red and Green and Christmas all over
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,