Right now though, it is time to present my midway project for the latest Scribbles Designs Challenge. It is nice to be celebrating a Canadian company on Canada Day!
There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this month for Challenge #18, is Say it with a Sentiment. Words truly can convey much in the way of expressing what is on our mind and in our hearts. This month, instead of making an image the focal point of your project, we want you to use a sentiment. With so many beautifully scripted sentiments out there, we are sure you will find just the right words to convey, what it is you truly want to say.
Entering is super simple! You do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image; however, if you do, your name gets entered into the draw twice. You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can also find one for a limited time on the challenge blog HERE. Also, be sure to check out Sam's special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection. You can find the rest of the rules and information regarding winners in the sidebar on the challenge blog. You have until 9pm PST on July 14th to come over and play with us.
Originally I was going to do another Christmas card but then when I was out of town last week, I found out that there is going to be a secret wedding coming up very shortly. I can't say too much considering it is supposed to be a secret, but suffice it to say that the groom (nor any of the guests for that matter) has any idea he is going to be getting married on....well, I definitely can't tell you that!
Just after I got home I found out about a fabulous new image that Sandy had created and knew it was perfect for both the card and my midway project. I adore Sandy's subway art images and the new Wedding Subway Art one is no exception! Click on the name or watermark below to take you to its location in the store.
Here are my card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- Given that this is for a wedding, I decided to do something a little bit more fancy and created a gatefold card.
- Gem stones are Crafts brand, purchased at Dollarama. Thank goodness I had sixteen of the little tear drops. Of course, now I need to go and replenish my stock. *Ü* Shopping trip *Ü* !!!
- The sheer white ribbon is Celebrate brand, purchased at Michaels. Although completely off topic, I'm almost out of my tape runner refills and also white paper. *Ü* Shopping trip *Ü* !!!
- Now I hemmed and hawed about whether there should have been an additional sentiment like, 'congratulations', but putting it anywhere would have destroyed the symmetry of the card. Therefore I'm just going to write in 'Congratulations ___ & ___" by hand, just above the subway art and then sign our names at the bottom.
Digital Image Details:
- Wedding Subway Art: Information for how to obtain this image is included above.
- I brought this image into Photoshop Elements and played around with it so that I could add some layer styles and colour to the various little pictures. Digital Credits include:
- Card base and die-cut pieces: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Soda Pop collection.
- Sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- The damask paper in the background on the front and inside is from the Recollection's Paisley and Damask Paper Pad.
- The background shape in behind the sentiment on the inside of the card and the two pieces you see on the front of the card are actually the same electronic die-cut shape. I kept the one on the inside solid and then cut the one for the front in half, flipping out the edges to create an interesting look. This shape is available on the Elegant Edges cartridge.
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/-- Anything Goes
- http://craftcreatoins.blogspot.ca/p/new-challenge.html-- Anything Goes
- http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/ -- Wedding
- http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.ca/ -- Your Sentiment is the Highlight
- http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.nl/2014/06/challenge-25-anything-goes-with-twist.html-- Anything Goes, Twist: Get Sentimental
- http://www.southerngirlschallenge.blogspot.ca/ (max 9 others) -- Dies and/or Punches (I've used two electronic diecut shapes, see above for details)
- http://www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Ribbon
- http://opus-gluei.blogspot.ca/ -- All Tied Up: Ribbon, Twine, String, etc.
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our Say it with a Sentiment theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store (you can click the image above to head there now). Remember there is still two weeks left to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time, I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. With so many possible projects to create, the ideas are boundless. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,