The Fresh Brewed Designs store is filled with so many awesome images that we thought it would be nice to take a stroll down memory lane. With the Canadian Thanksgiving and Hallowe'en around the corner, it is a good time to reacquaint yourself with (or if you are new to FBD, come meet) the outstanding collection of fall themed images already available in the store. Whether you are looking for something whimsical, joyful, reverent or just plain fun, Fresh Brewed Designs has it all!
Today, for this Fresh Brewed Fall Flashback I bring you Gourd Birdhouse. Such a unique image and perfect for the card I decided to create. Our Canadian Thanksgiving is on October 13th so now is the perfect time for me to get the cards done that I need. Clicking on the watermark should bring you straight to its location in the FBD store.
Here are my card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- Here is another attempt at clean and simple. I really do want to make more CAS cards but I always seem to feel that they are underdone for some reason. Hopefully, it is a feeling that I'll grow out of as I get more practice in.
- This is also the first time I have ever used washi tape. I have been purchasing some different ones over the last two years and finally I'm using it. I really like it and just saw another card that used it in a unique way while doing some DT duties yesterday. Hopefully, I'll start finding ways to incorporate more of it. I actually just finished creating 12 digital washi tapes for a Hallowe'en kit for an upcoming challenge I'm sponsoring over at 613 Ave. Create. I'll be revealing it on Oct. 5th. It was as fun creating the tapes as it was to use them but now I'm digressing. Back to the card...
Digital Image Details:
- Gourd Birdhouse: This image is currently available in the FBD store. You can find it by clicking on the image watermark above.
- I coloured it in with Copics and grounded it with chalk. Bird: R11, R14. Beak: Y35, Y38. Leaves: YG61, YG63. Sunflower: Y32, Y35, Y38. Gourd: YR21, YR23, YR24. Okay so on hindsight, I should have used different colours for the gourd. I didn't realize it would be so close to the sunflower.
- Green and white checkered washi tape is Elmer brand and was purchased at Dollarama.
- This is another great sentiment created by Paulette from Create with TLC. Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store.
- Dark green cardstock used as matting is from Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- This paper is mine and still available for free. It was given out for the September Kit last year. You can find it, plus two of the same design in two other colours, along with a pumpkin paper and a leaves background paper by clicking HERE.
- Card and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.ca/ -- Fall or Autumn
- http://eclecticpaperie.blogspot.ca/2014/09/september-eplay-challenge-fall.html -- Fall
- http://carabbiemomentsofcraft.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes/Fall Colours
- http://avenue613.blogspot.com/ -- Anything Goes
- http://cagichallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Use a Digi with an Autumn Theme
- http://delightfulsketches.blogspot.ca/ -- Simple Times (clean and simple design)
- http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.ca/ -- One Layer Challenge
Until next time,