Yup! That's right, Kris opened up this month's progressive challenge so that you can enter using ANY IMAGINE THAT DIGI that you may own (must be an actual image and not just a sentiment). If you don't own one, you can go over to their Facebook page by clicking HERE and grab a freebie or of course you can purchase any set you would like from the store and use it. People already part of the progressive challenge can of course use an image from the set, Humphrey's Apples, which has already been mailed out (watermark below) or there is the option of using any Imagine That image.
Well, I tell you, it was a tough decision because I kept going back and forth over whether to make a thank you card using the Humphrey's Apples set or a Christmas card using another set that I own. In the end the thank you card won. Remember all those thank you cards I had to make for the hub's siblings to say thank you for a generous monetary gift that we received for our 25th wedding anniversary back at the end of April? Uh....well...I still haven't made all the cards I need and it is now almost a full five months later. At the rate I'm going they'll have them in time for Christmas. At least after this week I now have a total of eight completed. Only four more to go!
This set was perfect and I decided to use the colour image so that I could whip out not one, but three thank you cards. Each has the same front and inside sentiment but I changed up the designer papers on the inside so that they were at least a little bit different. Check them out...
Here is a closer look at the front...
Digital Image Details:
- Humphrey's Apples: Click on the name to the left or the watermark above to head to the store page where you can find this image. As mentioned above, I used the pre-coloured image. I just love that Kris has this option in all of her sets.
- The digital sentiment on the front is also from this same set.
- One of my own.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- All the papers I used on the inside of the cards are from the Recollection's Bold Basics Paper Pad.
- This is bad, two lessons in one week. Although I have since learned that reverse embossing is actually 'a thing' that some people do on their cards, so now I don't feel quite so bad about the first lesson.
- I really need to stop getting distracted when I make cards. You'll notice that one of the cards also has a designer paper on the left hand side as well. That is actually an accident. However, as accidents go, it was a minor one.
- You see, I was watching the Top Six episode of America's Got Talent and I was so enthralled with the magician that I didn't realize I had glued my paper to the wrong side until it was too late--Now I still haven't seen the finale so please don't mention who won if you know...Back to the card--So, I had to cut out and glue another. I do wish that I had the time to always add a paper to the inside on the left, as well. It just makes it look so much more finished but that adds more time on to the card and of course more money because I'm using double the papers. So, until I can actually start making some money or I get more time on my hands, I can't do this often.
- I kept this particular set of cards very clean and simple for a reason. Your Scrapbook Place is going back to the basics this month. They don't want to see any layering, matting, embellishments, embossing, etc. Participants are to create a card only using the white card front base, ink pads and rubber stamps or digital stamps. They just want to see a basic card in any theme you would like to do. Your Scrapbook Place is one of the challenge blogs that I have already sponsored a couple times this year and will be doing so again at the beginning of November so I figured I would try and support them by entering their current challenge.
Challenges I am entering...
- Imagine That -August Progressive Challenge -- Progressive Challenge
- Your Scrapbook Place -- Back to the Basics
Others I am hoping to enter...
- http://scribbleandscrapcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://craftingforallseasons.blogspot.ca/ -- Autumn Colours
- http://moo-mania.blogspot.co.at/ -- Autumnal Colouring
- http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes or No DP (well there is no DP on the front of my card which is what I am entering)
- http://blog.red-rubber-designs.com/ -- Stay Focussed on Stamping (the image on the front of the card along with the sentiment are both digital stamps)
- http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.fi/ -- Stamping with the Optional Twist of Apples (the image on the front is a digital stamp and there are definitely some apples)
- http://delightfulsketches.blogspot.ca/ --Cute and Cuddly (Well I certainly think that Humphrey is cute and I'd like a cuddle. He looks friendly enough that I wouldn't have to worry about his wild side coming through.)
Time to get busy working on the next thing on my massive 'to do' list. I hope that each of you are doing well. Once again, I'm sorry that I haven't been visiting your blogs as of late. Please know that while I haven't had the time to stop by, I think of each of you often.
Until next time,