Don't forget that this link up is basically two-fold. First of all, you are still going to have the opportunity to link up any number of Christmas and December holiday themed cards throughout the month with an anything goes theme. At the end of each month, every person who has linked up a MINIMUM of two (2) Christmas or holiday themed cards will be eligible to receive a specially designed Christmas themed digital paper created by moi. That means that if you submit two cards each month, by the time that the year is done, you will have received 12 free digital papers, all for the low cost of linking up cards you need to create anyway. You do not need to use the digital paper you receive each month in your cards in order to get the next paper. They are strictly meant as incentive to participate.
While team members had the option of working with any of my Décosse's Dynamite Doodles papers, I did create a special set called It's Ornamental, based on the theme for this challenge. Check out the preview...
Everyone who links up a minimum of two cards during the month of July will earn ONE of the digital papers from this set. The specific paper up for grabs will be shown during the winner announcement post. If you would like to have a say in determining which paper will be offered, you can answer the poll we've set up in the sidebar on the top right hand side of The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up blog.
The second part of the challenge provides even more incentive to play. Each month there will be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. This month the optional theme is Holiday Traditions Ornament Exchange. In order to have a chance to win the prize from our wonderful guest sponsor this month, make sure that there is a Christmas ornament featured prominently somewhere on your card. Whether it is part of your image, part of your paper or just an embellishment, it is up to you. You can find more details over on the Challenge #7 post. You can find that post and the link up by clicking HERE.
Also, be sure to check out all the rules and details on the Challenge Details Page. We have provided examples of a few different scenarios to help explain things and make them a bit clearer, in case there is any confusion.
This month our wonderful guest sponsor is Robyn’sFetish Digital Stamps...
Check out the great image I got to work with this month for the start of the challenge...
Click on the watermark above to find this image in the RFDS store.
This latest card makes...
Christmas Cards to date for 2015: 16...and here it is...
- This card has been created digitally and then printed. The embellishments were added and then it was assembled.
Digital Image Details:
- A Bell For Christmas: Details and link above. The image was coloured in with Copic Markers.
- The sticker is Crafts brand and was purchased at Dollarama.
- The ribbon is Celebrate It brand and was purchased at Michael's.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- This great sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. I picked it up as a freebie a while back. Check out Paulette's wonderful blog by clicking HERE or click HERE to go to the store.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- I used one of the papers from the 12 Days of Christmas 2014 set along with one of the papers from the 12 Months of Christmas 2014 set. If anyone is interested in purchasing either of these sets, just let me know and I'll add them to the store.
- The circle shapes used for matting in behind the image, papers, and sentiment are simple shapes created in Photoshop Elements.
- The shadows to give each element some depth were created with a layer style from Sheila Reid, also with Pixel Scrapper.
- http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
- http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Always Anything Goes: Christmas
- http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.ca/ -- Wonderful Wednesdays: Always Anything Goes
- http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/ --Any Holiday
- http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk/ (UL) -- Always Anything Goes
- http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.ca/ (UL) -- Always Anything Goes
- http://sparklesforumchristmaschallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Use Ribbon, Lace or Twine (I have ribbon on the front of my card)
- http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Use Two Words (I have used two word in my paper in the circles on the left and right of the image--Merry Christmas--now they've been used over and over again but they are still just two words. Hope that is okay)
- http://christmasstampin.blogspot.ca/ (1E) -- Use Ribbon or Lace (I have ribbon on the front of my card)
- http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.ca/ (UL) -- Always Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- http://artbymiranchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes (hand coloured)
So what are you waiting for? It is time to link up your Christmas and other holiday cards for July. Whether you choose to link up two Anything Goes themed cards simply to earn your free paper this month, or you choose to also follow the theme to have a chance at the sponsor's prize, it is completely up to you! Cards for this challenge will be accepted from 6:00 p.m. (18:00 hrs), July 1st - 11:55 p.m. (23:55 hrs), July 31st, 2015. You can find out all the details for this challenge including the link up by heading HERE. Monica, I and the design team hope to see you there!
Until next time!
Until next time!