Here is my card, I hope that I haven't forgotten any important details:
- This card has been created digitally, then printed. The main image was then coloured by hand before assembling the card.
Digital Image Details:
- Bear Floating With Lemonade: Isn't this a cool image. I just love those sunglasses and that great parasol. You can find it in Pattie's Etsy shop by clicking on the name or watermark linked below.
- I used one of my free papers from 2013's August Kit of the month as the backdrop behind my image. I just cropped down the image to the area that was most suitable. The image itself has been coloured in with Copic Markers.
Digital Sentiment Details:Digital Embellishment Details:
- This fun sentiment was picked up at Sentiments 4 You. Unfortunately, Sentiments 4 You has become an invited readers only blog. :(
- I created a set of digital brads using the sun element from the Sizzlin' Summer set of papers that I created for Scribbles Doodles Designs (details on this set below).
- The smaller accent piece on the front is also the same paper used behind the image. This time I cropped out a different section.
- The larger accent piece is a basic shape, paper pieced with one of the sand texture papers, also available in the Sizzlin' Summer set.
Digital Image Details:
- Tropical Drink With Umbrellas: I thought that this would be a great accent image for the inside of my card. It can also be found in Pattie's Etsy shop. Just click on the name or watermark linked below.
- This image was coloured digitally as I knew it would be too small to colour properly with markers. However, it has dawned on me that I forgot to colour in part of the lemon slice. Oops! A glass layer style was applied and then erased in parts. It is neat because it actually provided a cool shadow for the entire image.
- Another great image that I've used before and will use again, created by Paulette from Create with TLC. Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store.
Close up of image and sentiment...
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's cardstock, white.
- The sun paper is one I created originally for the Sizzlin' Summer set for Scribble Doodle Designs. However, I redid it and applied a different coloured background so that it better suited the colouring of the beach scene on the front. If you'd be interested in the original paper, you can find it in the Scribbles Designs store by clicking either watermark below.
- You can also find the sand texture used above in the set below.
#DP 001 Sizzlin' Summer Paper Set ($3.99)
#DP 002 Sizzlin' Summer Patterned Papers Only ($2.99)
- The orange matting piece are basic shapes created in Photoshop Elements.
- I have applied shadow layer styles to give each element some depth. This style is courtesy of Sheila Reid, a designer at Pixel Scrapper.
- Avenue 613 -- Anything Goes with optional twist
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://scribbleandscrapcrafts.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.ca/ -- Wonderful Wednesdays: Anything Goes
- http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Summer Fun
- http://crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Summer Fun
- http://craftingforallseasons.blogspot.ca/ -- Cute and Summery
- http://www.craftysentiments.blogspot.ca/ -- Summer
- http://creativecolorschallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Photo/Colour Inspiration
- http://melonheadzfriends.blogspot.ca/ -- Summer Fun
- http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/ -- Summer
- http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.ca/ (2E) -- Summer Fun
- http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes Birthday
You have until August 6th to enter our challenge which should give you lots of time to get a creation that has a water as part of the image completed. I really hope that you will be able to join us. Don't forget that along with all the typical rules that apply to the majority of challenges out there (please click HERE to become familiar with all the rules), you MUST USE A DIGITAL OR STAMPED IMAGE to qualify for the drawing (unless stated otherwise). We would absolutely love to see you use a Pattie's Creations (PC) image on your card, but you are allowed to use other images. If you do use a PC image, you will gain an extra entry in the draw and will have a better chance to WIN! You can enter twice per challenge and of course MUST follow all the challenge requirements that are posted for each challenge. Easy Peasy right!
Pop over to the challenge blog and check out what my fabulous teammates have offered up for inspiration. Oh and don't forget...Pattie offers up a new freebie the first Friday of the month and it will remain up for approximately two weeks; so, be sure to pop over and check it out as well!
Until next time,