Good morning and welcome to the Digis for Debbie Fundraiser Blog Hop. Recently, we learned that Mrs. Debbie Lynch, the beautiful and loving mother of Heather Dennis, owner of Fresh Brewed Designs, was diagnosed with a rare form of uterine cancer. As most of you may know, cancer related medical costs can be quite expensive in the United States, and Mrs. Debbie currently has no medical insurance, which makes the cost significantly higher. Therefore, we have decided to help raise enough money to cover these medical expenses, as well as aftercare expenses, by creating a digi shop. All the proceeds of the Digis for Debbie Fundraiser Shop and the Fresh Brewed Designs Store will go directly to Mrs. Debbie to fund her lifesaving surgery and the aftercare necessary to bring her back to wellness. Furthermore, Heather has created a Give Forward Account to assist her mother.
If you would like to help, please stop by the Digis for Debbie Fundraiser Shop, the Fresh Brewed Designs Store, and/or the Give Forward Account. For those of you who are not able to contribute monetarily, we would love for you to add Mrs. Debbie to your prayer list. If there is one thing we know, prayers can work miracles that money cannot and healing and wellness is what we are praying to receive.
The hop launches today, Tuesday, July 14th on the Fresh Brewed Designs Challenge Blog, and will run until Tuesday, July 28th @ 11:59 PM Eastern Time. All participants can be found in the linkies section of *THIS POST* on the Fresh Brewed Designs Challenge Blog, and we would love to have you join us! We do ask that you use a digi from the Digis for Debbie Fundraiser Shop or the Fresh Brewed Designs Store, and the theme is Anything Goes, and you can enter as often as you would like. Two prize packages will be awarded, one prize for a digi purchaser and one prize for a blog hop participant. Winners will be chosen on Saturday, August 1st. The prizes will consist of stamps, papers, ribbon, embellishments, etc.; plus, some random prizes will be offered by some generous blog hop participants along the hop. Also, Cara is offering one random commenter a 12-month subscription to her awesome on-line crafty magazine, Through the Craft Room Door. It is filled with creativity, inspiration, crafty techniques, and loads of helpful information to fuel your artistic mojo.
Thank you for dropping by and for helping us with our fundraising efforts; and again, we ask that you keep Mrs. Debbie in your prayers. Have a wonderful Tuesday, crafty friends! We look forward to admiring your creations! :)
I know all too well the ravages of cancer as it has affected and / or taken many of my family members. My own mother battled and won her fought with vaginal cancer and continues to battle her fight with skin cancer on her scalp. Thankfully it has been almost two months since her surgery and while she remains sore, she is healing. Better yet, the biopsy came back with all the margins being cleared. We are lucky in Canada that the majority of our medical costs, especially for surgeries and such are covered by our government. Sadly it is not the case in the US. I have heard of many families going bankrupt just to pay their medical bills so if there is any way you can help out, please do so. Remember, even if you can't assist monetarily, helping to spread the news of this special hop and or including Debbie in your prays can still help out a lot.
I have created a special sentiment set for the hop along with a special set of papers that will hopefully be added to the fundraiser page very soon. The sales from either of these sets will go towards the fundraising efforts. Once again you can find all the images available for sale in the Digis for Debbie Fundraiser Shop.
Here are my contributions...
I will also choose a random person who leaves a comment on this post between now and July 28th to receive the sentiment set for free and another person to receive the paper set for free; so, be sure to leave me a comment for your chance to win!
Here is the card I have created for the hop. I will also being sending it to Heather so that she can forward it to her mother...
Digital Image Details:
- I have used two images from Fresh Brewed Designs. One is the wonderful Heart Hot Air Balloon that I adore so much. I coloured this image with Copic Markers. For the second one I took the tree image from the fundraiser set and duplicated the tops of it a few times so that it looked like my balloon was floating above the trees. I coloured this image with coloured pencils.
- The half pearls were purchased at Dollarama.
- The tag is a digital shape from Marisa Lerin, Pixel Scrapper, that I duplicated, added the sentiment to and then fussy cut.
Digital Image Details:
- I have used one of the images from the fundraiser set to serve as accent pieces on either side of the sentiment.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- My own from the sentiment set I created for the fundraiser. Preview and details above.
- Card, image and sentiment bases: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Designer Papers: The floral paper and the piece on the bottom are from the Recollection's The Sweetest Thing paper pad. The yellow striped paper is from the Recollection's Bold Basics paper pad.
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button***Thanks so much for popping over today. I hope that you get the chance to join in our hop and give to the cause if you are able. It is always wonderful when the crafting community is able to come together for events like this!
- Word Art Wednesday -- Anything Goes
- http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes but must be a card
- http://artbymiranchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes but no digital colouring
- http://www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.ca/ (3E) -- Always Anything Goes (2nd entry)
- http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
- http://www.ttcrd.blogspot.ca/ (2E) -- Always Anything Goes (first entry)
- http://lovetoscrapchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- It's a Triple Play (I have used three different digi images. I have also used three brads on the front of my card)
- http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://alphabetchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- K is for Kind Thoughts (offering up hope to someone going through a challenge serves as a kind thought)
- http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/ -- SHADES OF PINK, YELLOW or ORANGE (my DP has all three colours and the image has been coloured with pink and yellow as well)
Click HERE to join in now!
Until next time,