Monday, April 01, 2013

Card Challenge: Digi Darla Challenge #56--Laughter is the Best Medicine

It's Monday morning and time for this week's challenge over at the delectable Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This week for Challenge #56 the theme is Laughter is the Best Medicine.  It is time to show us all those cards that bring a giggle or even a guffaw to the surface.  You could also just present a card that brings a smile to someone's face.  That would be okay too.

One person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images!  AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images! Think of all the amazing cards you could create with eight new digis!

This week I got to work with:
Here is the front of the card I am showcasing for this week's challenge...


Here is a closer look at that cute little digi...


Here is the inside of the card...



Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

General Information:
  • Hee, Hee, Hee!!!  This sentiment from Ginger's House was absolutely perfect for this challenge.  Someone will think they are getting a sweet innocent card and then bam...a bit more cheeky on the inside.
  • One of the challenges I have decided to enter has the theme, funny birthday.  While it doesn't say happy birthday on it, it could certainly be used for that purpose, I'd think.
Digital Images:
  • Mouse & Flower (front):  The image on the front of the card is Digidarla's--A Smile and a Flower Please.  It was coloured mostly using Copic markers.  Mouse:  E000, E00, E02 (fur); E11, E13, E15 (tummy); R20 (cheeks); R20, R22 (ears & nose); B00 (eyes).  Flower:  YR000, YR00, YR02 (centre); YR0, YR04, YR07 (petals).  The ground and sky were coloured in using watercolour pencils.
  • Flower (inside):  The flower I have used as a watermark in behind the sentiment is actually part of the original image from the front.  I just cropped out the mouse and enlarged it to give the sentiment a nice backdrop.  I also changed the colour to co-ordinate with the paper I was using.
Digital Sentiment:
  • Inside:  The sentiment comes from Ginger over at Ginger's House. I have had this one in my digi stash for awhile now just waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it.  Voila, the perfect opportunity presented itself for this challenge!
Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, cream.
  • Designer Papers:  Orangey-brown-cream patterned chevron paper (front)--Recollection's Mosaic Memories paper pad.  I'm afraid that I can't seem to locate the pad the other DP (front & inside) is from.  I just spent the last ten minutes looking through all my paper pads multiple times but can't seem to locate its brothers.  The orangey-brown solid paper used as a shadow in behind the image and the sentiments is Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
Ribbon:
  • Craft brands sheer ivory--Dollarama.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
Some more challenges may be added to this list later this week and/or month.

So, why not come and play with us over at Digi Darla's Challenges?  While you are there please check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the design teamWe always look forward to seeing your entries.



Thank you so much for stopping by.  As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind.  Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer.   I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations.  If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.

Until next time,


Note: I apologize if there are any further formatting issues.  This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own.  If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence is a different size, font, or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.






15 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it Lisa!!! The Kigi Darla mouse and flower is so stinkin cute and I love the sentiment, hahaha... I really like the watermark flower behind your sentiment!! Awesome card...Hugs

Crafting Vicky said...

This is really awesome. I adore the sentiment that you have put inside!!!! Fabulous.

Shea said...

OK, the inside of this card made me laugh out loud. It's GREAT! And the outside is sweet as can be! Love the card! :)

Desire Fourie said...

This is too precious Lisa. I had a good giggle at the sentiment.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

NickScrapShack said...

This is a great card to this weeks challenge. If that smile don´t make you smile I don´t know what will. Great colours as well.

Unknown said...

So Super cute,
I love the sentiment


Thanks for visiting and entering this week's challenge.

we hope to see you back next week.
Hugs Tammy Ortiz - Owner of Tammy Scrappin Corner

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

So adorable Lisa!! I love the image and the sentiment is incredible and funny. I would love to have you register for my FREE Candy on my blog. I am your newest follower and would love for you to follow my blog also.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner!! Have a fantastic day!! Hope you see you again next week. Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Debora said...

Too cute!I love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week.

Michele said...

Oh wow! I had no idea you put this clever sentiment on the inside. How funny!! Super cute card. Love it's double meaning!! :)

Unknown said...

This is adorable!! I love that little mouse!! He is too cute! Your coloring is WONDERFUL!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner!! Good Luck!! I really hope to see you again for our next challenge!!

- Susan, DT @ Tammy's Scrapin Corner

Sandy Palmer said...

What a sweet card Lisa! Love the placement of the ribbon down the side like that! Your image is pretty cute, and that sentiment on the inside is super funny! Thanks for linking up with us this week at DDF at My Paper Crafting! :)

Larelyn said...

Oh Lisa, you always come up with the BEST sentiments! This one is just too fun - can you see me smiling? I love the image and the layout. Thanks for joining us at DDF this week.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Crafting Vicky said...

I'm back with a DT hat on and that sentiment made me laugh again!!!! Just love your card that mouse is sooo cute!!!

Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Meg Farris said...

What a great card! Love the digi and sentiment! Thank you for playing in this CDAC Challenge. Meg, Member of the CDAC DT.

brenda said...

Such a bright and sunny card Lisa and that sentiment really made me smile.

Thanks for joining us at Pretty Little Ribbons challenge.

B x