One person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images! AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images! Think of all the amazing cards you could create with eight new digis!
This week I got to work with:
Here is the front of the card I am showcasing for this week's challenge...
Here is a closer look at that cute little digi...
Here is the inside of the card...
Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- Hee, Hee, Hee!!! This sentiment from Ginger's House was absolutely perfect for this challenge. Someone will think they are getting a sweet innocent card and then bam...a bit more cheeky on the inside.
- One of the challenges I have decided to enter has the theme, funny birthday. While it doesn't say happy birthday on it, it could certainly be used for that purpose, I'd think.
- Mouse & Flower (front): The image on the front of the card is Digidarla's--A Smile and a Flower Please. It was coloured mostly using Copic markers. Mouse: E000, E00, E02 (fur); E11, E13, E15 (tummy); R20 (cheeks); R20, R22 (ears & nose); B00 (eyes). Flower: YR000, YR00, YR02 (centre); YR0, YR04, YR07 (petals). The ground and sky were coloured in using watercolour pencils.
- Flower (inside): The flower I have used as a watermark in behind the sentiment is actually part of the original image from the front. I just cropped out the mouse and enlarged it to give the sentiment a nice backdrop. I also changed the colour to co-ordinate with the paper I was using.
- Inside: The sentiment comes from Ginger over at Ginger's House. I have had this one in my digi stash for awhile now just waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it. Voila, the perfect opportunity presented itself for this challenge!
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, cream.
- Designer Papers: Orangey-brown-cream patterned chevron paper (front)--Recollection's Mosaic Memories paper pad. I'm afraid that I can't seem to locate the pad the other DP (front & inside) is from. I just spent the last ten minutes looking through all my paper pads multiple times but can't seem to locate its brothers. The orangey-brown solid paper used as a shadow in behind the image and the sentiments is Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- Craft brands sheer ivory--Dollarama.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
- Crafter's Digital Art Centre -- Anything Goes
- Pin & Tack--Spark Your Creativity Now Challenge -- Challenge #8: Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday -- Challenge #73: Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create -- Challenge 13: Anything Goes
- My Paper Crafting -- Digi Desserts Fridaze
- Tammy's Scrapin' Corner -- Anything Goes, include April Fool's, Funny Birthday Card
- Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog -- Think Spring
So, why not come and play with us over at Digi Darla's Challenges? While you are there please check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the design team. We always look forward to seeing your entries.
Thank you so much for stopping by. As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind. Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer. I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations. If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.
Until next time,
Note: I apologize if there are any further formatting issues. This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own. If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence is a different size, font, or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.