Hello everyone. Today over at San's Design, we have a blog hop going on to show you all of the latest new releases. The theme for this time around is "small stuff". Let's take a look at all the new and interesting little items that San has created.
|SN00158 - Knits|
|SN00157 - Family|
|SN00159 - Winged things|
|SN00160 - Sketchy swirl|
|SN00171 - Build a flower - set 1|
|SN00174 - Pearls|
SN00175 -perfect specimen
|SN00172 - Build a flower- set 2|
|SN00173 - Balloon flight|
April 27th & April 28th
This is a 2 day hop so you have lots of time to visit each of the Design Team members and comment on their projects. The hop will finish at 5:00 p.m. CET on Sunday afternoon. For those of you living in EST zones like I am, that means that it will end at 11:00 a.m. EST.
If you've arrived here from Gry's blog then you are in the right place. If not, you can always start at San’s Design and hop from the very beginning. Your next stop is Vicky's blog.
San is a wonderfully talented digital artist who creates the most amazing digital designs. She also creates absolutely beautiful and unique cards too so if you haven’t had the opportunity to check out her work, you are missing out on a lot. This weekend gives you the perfect opportunity to see many of the incredible new images in action as each DT member will be using a different one. Just like the last hop, there will be a freebie up for grabs and San is once again giving away a whole set of this release to one lucky winner!!!! A WHOLE SET for one truly fortunate person!!! Talk about a phenomenal prize for spending just a little time with us!!!
Winner will be chosen
Sunday, April 28th, 2013, at San’s Design
To qualify to win...
Hop to each designer's blog, leave a comment and then return to San’s Design to let her know you have completed the hop.
ALERT--ALERT--ALERT-- Flash Sale --ALERT--ALERT--ALERT
For the first 24-48 hours (depending on the timezone you are in) all images in the new release will have a 25% discount! This is the perfect opportunity to get some of the images you've been eyeing. You know you want to!
And if this isn't enough for you, there's also a spankin' new freebie to be had over at San's blog! (Yes, you will have to hop over there to see what it is...)
Here is the front of the card I am showcasing for the blog hop using the really sweet new balloon flight image...
Here is the inside of my card...
Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- I've tried to keep this one clean and simple and followed a layout idea that I've seen Calypso, one of my fellow Scribbles Designs DT member use on a card.
- I apologize for the quality of the printing on the inside, our printer is running out of black ink and it fuzzed some of the lettering out a bit. Strangely though, it seems to print one fuzzy line and then one good line, then back to fuzzy. Things that make you say hmmm...
- Balloon Flight (front): The image on the front of the card is the wonderful new release Balloon Flight available now in the store.
- I coloured it in using Copic Markers. Balloons: B00, B02, B05. Heart: YR000, YR00, YR02. I fussy cut around it and actually cut the balloons off. I took some charcoal coloured cross stitch thread and then wound it around the balloon to act like the strings. I cut teeny-tiny strips of double sided tape to stick on the thread. I've popped up the balloon on the left side to give it a bit of dimension.
- Inside: The sentiment is one I have created to work perfectly with this great new image.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Designer Papers: Peach strip with balloons on the front is a digital paper courtesy of Jo over at Trimgym's Digi Stamps and Images. I cropped it down to the size I needed then cut out the pennant (is that what they are called?). Peach striped paper (inside)--Recollection's Bright and Basic paper pad. The solid peach paper used as a shadow in behind the sentiment is Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Preppy Beach collection.
- I used a button from our stash and used light peach cross stitch thread.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
I'm sure I'll be adding to this list as the week or month goes on.
In case you get lost along the way, here is the whole line-up...
Thanks for stopping by and remember, in order to qualify for the amazing prize San has up for grabs, you'll need to leave a comment on each of the blogs.
We'd love to hear your feedback and please let us know if you encounter any problems along the way. I look forward to hearing what you think about my card.
Until next time,
Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues. This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own. If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence is a different size, font, or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.