________________________________________________________Hello everyone. It is a brand new week and that means a brand new challenge over at the demonstrably delightful Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This time around for Challenge #57 the theme is Take Me Out to the Ball Game. While the project doesn't have to be sports related, we want to see flags, pennants and/or a banner somewhere on your creations.
Don't forget that one person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images! AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for 3 images. So, you could technically win 8 images! One of our entrants won twice last month, just by having a DD image on her cards. She was entered into the second draw and walked away with two separate wins. It really does pay to use one of the DD images if you have one available. If not you can always check out the STORE where there are hundreds of amazing designs to choose from. You could also choose to become a member of the Digital Stamp Club. For a small fee you can have access to so many more images including new releases. It is definitely worth your time to check it out.
This week I got to work with:
Here is the front of the card I am showcasing for this week's challenge...
Here is the inside of the card...
Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- I relied on the same design I used for a recent card. It just seemed to fit the look of what I was going for. It is based on the following sketch:
- Congrats banner (front): This awesome sentiment is Digi Darla's Congratulations Star Sentiment. Since the elements in the banner are very small and I was making a smaller card, I knew there was no way to give it justice by using markers. So I brought it into Photoshop Essentials and played with it there. I matched the colours to the digital paper I was using. For the actual word I used a pattern. Unfortunately, it doesn't really show up in the picture but the colours in the pattern are a combination of all the colours in the project so it was the perfect fit.
- Cheer words (inside): Created in Publisher and printed matching colour to paper.
- Card base and layer in behind image: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Cape Cod Collection.
- I don't normally print out papers, I love them but find that ink is just so expensive. However, this time round, a paper I found over at Sissix was just perfect for this challenge as it had flags woven through the design. It was a link that I got through my subsciption to Crafts Beautiful Magazine and I seemed to have misplaced that info. Oopsie!
- Both the image and the sentiment on the inside were printed onto Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Thin blue ribbon: Offray from Michael's.
- Pink, yellow and blue ribbon that I made into pennants: Craft brand from Dollarama.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
So, why not come over and play ball with us. You can enter the game by going to Digi Darla's Challenges. The design team has been hard at work this week so please stop and check out their inspirational creations while you are there. We are always very honoured when you decide to join our challenges.
Thank you so much for stopping by. As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind. Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer. I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations. If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.
Until next time,
Note: I apologize if there are any further formatting issues. This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own. If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence is a different size, font, or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.