Here is the front of the card...
Here is the inside...
- I based the majority of the card on the following sketch.
- This week I got to use the fabulous new buttons frame from the new release. I just love this frame. It is so unique and of course there are oodles and oodles of ways to use it. This time around I chose to pair it with one of the great new sentiments from the buttons sentiment collection. It includes a bunch of cute sayings perfect to match up with the frame.
You can find each of these sets in the web shop. I've linked them up so you just have to click on them to go to their location.
- The background of the buttons frame along with the stitches were coloured in Photoshop Essentials 5. The buttons were coloured with Copic Markers: R20, R22 (pinkish ones); YG61, YG63 (green ones).
- The buttons sentiment on the front was recoloured in Publisher.
- The sentiment on the inside is one I created and it was coloured in Publisher as well.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, cream.
- Designer Papers: Floral paper (front & inside)--K & C Company Designer Paper--Best of...florals collection. Strip of very light green paper (front)--K & C Company Designer Paper--green colours collection. Leaf green paper (front & shadow inside) --Michael's open stock scrapbook.
- I found two different flowers that I wanted to use from the background DP. I then scanned in the paper, lassoed and cut out the flowers and pasted them into a separate file. I duplicated them so that I had 8 of the larger flowers and 4 of the smaller ones. Then I fussy cut one as the base and three different layers for the rest to create three dimensional flowers. I curled up the edges, and indented each petal to give them depth then glued all the layers together. My very first flowers complete!
Embellishments:Challenge I am hoping to enter this digital design into:
- Buttons from our stash. I coloured both buttons with a Copic marker. I then added some cross stitch thread in a colour that matched the DP.
- Crafter's Digital Art Centre -- Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday -- Challenge #75: Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create -- Challenge 14: Anything Goes/Spring Fever
- Creative Inspirations Paint-- Inspired by...Spring Colours
- 2 Creative Chicks -- Mother's Day
- Fashionista Challenge -- Mother's Day
- The Stamping Chef -- Girly Girl Challenge
Your place to go for amazing digital designs and card inspiration!
Until next time,
Note: I apologize if there are any further formatting issues. This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own. If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence is a different size, font, or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.