Yes that is right, it is time for the monthly copycat challenge and you know what that means--there is a free image waiting for you over on the challenge blog to use in this week's entry. It is a great image that could be used for a variety of occasions.
Since you need to use the image we are giving away on your project, that means that everyone is eligible for the opportunity to win eight images! How awesome is that!
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- I have gone clean and simple with this card. I've used this layout before and I am sure it won't be the last time.
- Okay, now it may seem a bit odd that the highlight shades on the white dog are apricot coloured. I decided that I didn't want to do a typical black Scottie dog so I chose to do a white one instead. I figured that I would use shades of grey in my highlighting but when I did some research on how the white Scottie dogs look in real life, I was surprised to see that the white dogs all seem to have these light apricot shades in their coats. I learned something new today. Go brain!
- Snowtime Scottie 3: As mentioned above, the image used this week is the copycat image so you can find it over on the challenge blog.
- The image was coloured with Copic Markers and coloured pencils. Scottie: colourless blender, E90 (fur); E90, E93, E97 (paws); G00, G02, G05 (hat). Bird: B00, B02, B05 (feathers); Y11, Y13 (tail); Y32, Y35 (beak). R11, R14, R17 (hat). Ground: coloured pencils.
- Both the button and cross stitch thread are from my stash.
- Paulette, once again has just the right sentiment for me to use. This is another great freebie I picked up over at Create with TLC. Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store. I wasn't able to find it in the store so if you are interested in purchasing it, contact Paulette.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Designer Papers:
- Dotted paper (front and inside)--Recollection's Bold & Basic Paper Pad.
- Avenue 613 -- Anything Goes with optional twist
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://www.suzypantssmarty.blogspot.ca/ -- Cute and Sweet
- http://craftyhandsdevon.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://jwscrapshack.blogspot.ca/-- Anything Goes
- http://emeraldfaeries.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Things with Wings (my little birdie sitting on the dog has wings)
- http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.ca/ -- Clean and Simple
- http://crazychallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Cards for Men
- http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes/Use Pearls or Buttons
So, how about you come on over and show us YOUR wonderful talents by entering in our current challenge this week over at Digi Darla's Challenges? While you are there please check out the great projects from the rest of the design team. We always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with.
Until next time,