I don't know what it is, but lately I have really been taken with vintage creations. Whether card designs or the images themselves, I just can't seem to get enough of them. I think my mother is finally having an influence on my tastes as she is a super fan of vintage herself!
So without further delay, check out what I created for my very first ever post as the newest member of the Nicecrane Designs team.
Check it out...
- Vintage Cat 3: This sweet little group is from the Vintage Funny Cats CS. You can click on the watermark below to head to its location in the store. Aren't they all hilarious?! For those of you cat lovers out there, this collage sheet would be the perfect addition to your collection.
- I brought the image into Publisher and added the text 'Happy New Year' right on top of the image before printing.
- I thought that this would be an appropriate sentiment to go along with a New Year's card. This is another great freebie I picked up over at Create with TLC. Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, cream.
- Designer Papers:
- The circled paper (front & inside)--K & C Company Designer Paper--Best of...florals collection.
- The green cardstock that I embossed and also used on the inside as matting behind the sentiment is Michael's open stock scrapbook
- The embossing folder is Goosebumpz brands. The thought the larger dots were appropriate given the design of the paper.
- It is so much fun adding texture to cards. Once again, thank you to the donator of my amazing Big Shot machine. Without you, none of this would be possible!
- http://avenue613.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes with optional twist
- http://open-mindedcraftingfun.blogspot.ca/ -- Use Something New or a New Technique (the image is a new acquisition and the embossing was added with a toy that is pretty new as well)
- http://tuesdaytaggers.blogspot.ca/ -- In with the New (same as above)
- http://incywincydesigns.blogspot.ca/ -- Adding Texture (the green cardstock has been embossed to add texture. The flowers also add some texture.)
- http://mimchallegeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Birds (the image has five little birdies in it.)
Before I go...
If you are looking for images to make some new year cards then you will want to check out this collage sheet as well.
What better way to toast the new year than with a bunch of wine drinking and apparently wine dunking elves. Cute and humourous too. The perfect accompaniment to any New Year's card but also perfect for other celebrations as well including birthdays, anniversaries, etc. These little elves are great on a card for any occasion where a toast is appropriate.
Well, that is it for my first official post on the Nicecrane Designs team. I hope that you have enjoyed my non-traditional New Year's card and that if you have the opportunity, you'll pay Ignacio of Nicecrane Designs a visit. Your time will definitely be well spent. He has such an incredible selection of images and the fellow members on the Creative Team are so talented, you'll definitely walk away inspired!