It is time for the next challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.Today we celebrate our one year anniversary over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog. For the last week and a half we have had a Blogiversary Bash Extravaganza Treasure Hunt taking place. Yesterday, the final clue was released over here on my blog. If you missed that post or are brand new, there is still time to play along. Just click HERE to go to my post from yesterday and you will find everything you need, including a link to the original post over on Scribbles Designs Challenges. If you haven't joined in already, you are missing out on the opportunity to win a great prize and a free image just for playing along. Throughout the past 10 days, those of us on the DT have been releasing sneak peeks of cards and today it is time for the big reveal!!! First though I want to say a big congrats to Scribbles Designs Challenges for their one year blogiversary...
If you'd like to join me in congratulating Sandy, please feel free to grab this badge for your sidebar.
Now it is time to introduce this month's challenge. This month for Challenge #13, the theme is Sparkle It Up!. Here is your chance to grab your glitter, sparkles and other forms of bling and get to it! This challenge is going to be so bright, you're gonna need shades just to check out everyone's work!
In order to participate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme. You can enter as many times as you'd like AS LONG AS YOU USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE; or, if you choose to enter the challenge using another artist's image you are limited to three entries. As always, you are welcome to combine your entry with other challenges and we ask that you enter new projects/cards only - no back linking, plus the standard rules of linking your blog post and mentioning Scribbles Designs in your post. This challenge will end at 9pm PST on February 14th.
The winner, chosen by Random.org will receive three digital images. If you use a Scribbles Designs image, please add SD after your name--example: Lisa SD--and your name will be entered twice into the drawing for the prize. Additionally, there will be one digital image handed out for each of the Top 3, chosen by the Scribbles Designs Design Team. We look forward to seeing your interpretation of this month's theme. There also might be some extra recognition or prizes, you just never know.
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well to help get you started.
To help inspire you, I've created a card using one of Sandy's older images, Flower Chicklet. Click on the watermark below to take you to its location in the store.
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- Sparkle, sparkle everywhere. I've added glitter glue to the image and some sparkly ribbon to the front. While it is hard to see, the white spots on the DP are actually sparkly as well. In addition, the little half pearls add a tiny extra bit of bling. I believe that covers all three aspects: Glitter--check; sparkle--check; bling--check!!!
- Flower Chicklet: Information for where to buy this image is included above.
- This image was coloured with Copics and grounded in chalk (although unfortunately, you can't really see it very well). Chicklet: Y11, Y13, Y15. I've added yellow glitter glue to the light petals in the flowers, and green glitter glue to the darker ones.
- The green glitter ribbon is Celebrate It brand, purchased at Michael's.
- The yellow and white dotted ribbon is Crafts brand, purchased at Dollarama.
- The little half pearls are also Crafts brand, purchased at Dollarama.
- I made the frame using the Elegant Edges cartridge from Cricut.
- This perfectly appropriate sentiment is another fabulous one from Paulette over at Create With TLC. Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store.
- The little flower stickers are also Crafts brand, purchased at Dollarama.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Card Kit, white, lg.
- Designer Papers:
- Yellow and shimmery white dotted cardstock--Recollection's Everyday Memories Paper Pad.
- Green paper used as matting on the inside--Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- http://scribbleandscrapcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://avenue613.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes with optional twist
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/-- Anything Goes
- http://die-cut-divas.blogspot.ca/2014/01/make-it-glitter.html -- Make It Glitter
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,