Thursday, December 18, 2014

Card Design: From the Heart Stamps December Challenge


http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/blog/
It is time to post my project for the December, From the Heart Stamps (FTHS) progressive stamp of the month challenge.  In order to enter the progressive challenge, you must either have received the latest image by having participated in the previous month or you can buy the stamp for the current month's challenge.  Everyone who enters and follows the rules is a winner because you automatically get the stamp for the next month's challenge.  Stop by the site and check out the rules for yourself.  While you are there, have a look around.  They have some really awesome images.

Here are my card and details.  I hope I haven't forgotten anything important...

General Information: 
  • I do believe that this is one of my favourites for some reason.  I just love the BirdbrainTM character so much that he makes any card stand out!
  • I did an oopsies on this card.  I had originally wanted at least one graph line's worth of space between the accent strips with the presents on them but apparently I wasn't paying enough attention when I affixed the top one.  Too late by then so I just had to put them back to back.  It doesn't look awful but I think it would have looked better with just a little space between.
  • I do believe that I am almost done for this year.  If I have calculated correctly, there is just one more Christmas card I need to make--I think!!

Christmas Card Count to date: 31

FRONT
Digital Image Details:
  • The image on the front, Christmas Spirit Birdbrain, is available for purchase over at From the Heart Stamps. Click HERE or on the watermarks below to go to its location in the store. It was coloured in with Copic Markers, and I added some ground with fine markers. 
Stamp Preview by FromTheHeartStamps
Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • This great circle sentiment is from Netty's Cards.  You can find it and more fabulous freebies by clicking HERE and clicking on the freebies tab at the top of the page.  If you grab any of them, be sure to leave Netty some love. 
Embellishment:
  • The little wooden gift box is Crafts brand and was purchased at Dollarama. 

INSIDE
Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • This awesome sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. 
    While I picked it up recently as a freebie, you can purchase it in the Most Wonderful Time of the Year Vintage Image and Word Art Set.  I've linked the watermark below to go to its location in the store.  For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for more awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/CreateWithTLC/10787832/most_wonderful_time_of_the_year_vintage_image_and_word_art_set/design/digital_art_/cards
OVERALL
Paper Products:
 
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • The strips with the presents on them are from Recollection's Bright Christmas paper pad.
  • The green graph paper is from the Recollection's Signature Festivus paper pad.
  • The shimmery red paper used as matting is Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.  
Challenges I am hoping to enter:
Others I might get it into...
Woop!  Woop!  My final progressive card is done for the month.  I do believe that just leaves three more physical cards to be made by the end of December.  Of course we won't talk about all the computer related, administrative or behind the scenes stuff I still have to do!

Thanks for popping by everyone!  I hope you enjoyed my card and post.  I'm hoping to still get that promo post done but now it is definitely going to have to wait until after supper. 
 
Until then,


8 comments:

Imke said...

Adorable Card, Lisa !!! Love the bright and fun Colors. Great coloring too.

Thanks for joining our SOTM December Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps.

Merry Christmas !!!

Rose said...

So glad you joined us for our CHNC extra challenge this month with this wonderful creation!!
Hope to see you back for our next challenge :)

Desire Fourie said...

So cute, colourful and festive.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

Very cute! I love the present and festive colors! Merry Christmas and happy New Year!
Drea DT Host Inspirational #151

Desire Fourie said...

This is so perfect for our ‘CHRISTMAS’ theme. Just love the colours and design. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Fresh Brewed Designs DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Kathy said...

Adorable. Love the image, too. Your coloring looks great, love the patterned papers and the little gift embellishment is cute. Thanks so much for playing along with us at FTHS!

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for December - hope to see you again soon x

Kelly Schelske said...

Absolutely adorable Lisa! Love the little present!

Thank you for joining us at FTHS for the December SOTM challenge!