Today also marks the midway of the latest Scribbles Designs Challenge.
There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this month for Challenge #23, is Penguin Paradise. In many parts of North America right now the weather has significantly cooled and some places have even seen snow. Too much in my own area actually for this time of year! That makes this month the perfect time to honour Scribbles Designs' much beloved character, Brr and his family--wife Brrneice and baby Brr. Did you know that Brr was the first main character that Sandy created? He's had a lot of adventures during the years and he has earned his time in the spotlight. So, this month we want to see any kind of penguin on your creation. It is high time, Brr and the family meet some of the other penguins out there in digital land. We can't wait to see your cool creations!
Entering is super simple! You do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image; however, if you do, your name gets entered into the draw twice. You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can also find one for a limited time on the challenge blog HERE. Also, be sure to check out our special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection. You can find the rest of the rules and information regarding winners in the sidebar on the challenge blog. You have until 9pm PST on December 14th to come over and play with us.
- I actually created this card back in May for our great nephew's grade eight graduation. It is high time that I finally get a chance to show it you all.
- The front was created as a one layer card in Photoshop Elements, then printed out so I could colour Brrr.
- Grad-Brrr-ation: Brr looks pretty smart all dressed up in his cap and tie, don't you think? Click on the watermark to find this image in the Scribbles Designs store.
- Congradulations: A fabulous sentiment from the great Desert Diva herself, Hannelie! I've picked up oodles of free sentiments from her and she does fabulous CAS cards as well. If you'd like to check out her blog you can find it HERE.
- Button purchased at the Dollar Tree.
Digital Image Details:
- Grad Cap: This great grad cap is also available in the Scribbles Designs store.
- Grad cap was superimposed on top of the digital paper panel in Photoshop Elements and then fussy cut and pasted to top half of the inside. The bottom half of the inside was layered digitally, just like the front of the card.
- Well Done: Is also from Hannelie. You can find the link to her blog above.
- Card, image and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Created by me. Available for free on this blog. (part of the June Kit of the month--find in labels)
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/-- Anything Goes
- http://craftcreatoins.blogspot.ca/p/new-challenge.html-- Anything Goes
- http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://treasuredtimesrubberstampschallenges.blogspot.ca/-- Anything Goes
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our Penguin Paradise theme. If you need some images to help you out, you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store (you can click the image above to head there now). Remember there is still two weeks left to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time, I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. With so many possible projects to create, the ideas are boundless. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,
Until next time,