It is time for the next challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.
This month for Challenge #24, the theme is appropriately 'Tis the Season!. With the holiday hoopla in full swing, we thought that it would be the perfect time for doing a holiday inspired picture inspiration challenge. The great thing about pictures is that one person can be moved by one aspect and another individual may see something totally different. So, whether you are inspired by the colours, the shapes, or the objects themselves within this particular picture, it doesn't matter. This month it is all in the eye of the beholder.
|Photo credit Petr Kratochvil of PublicDomainPictures.net|
In order to participate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme and the other rules that have been established for our particular challenge blog. You can find them, along with the prize information, listed in the right hand sidebar of the challenge blog. This challenge will end at 9pm PST on January 14th.
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well to help get you started. Also, be sure to check out the special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection.
To help inspire you, I've created a card using Twinkle Brrr. This card is for my poppa. I have found memories of my father wrapped up in the tangle of Christmas lights, just as Brrr is below, hee, hee.
Here are my card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything important...
Digital Image Details:
- Twinkle Brrr: Hee, hee. I just adore this image. Brrr is just so cute all tangled up and that expression on his face is priceless! This image was coloured in with Copic markers and I used a coloured pencil to add some ground to it.
- The tiny pompoms are Crafts brand and were purchased at Dollarama.
- One I created specifically for this card.
- Card, image and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Designer paper is from Recollection's Bright Christmas paper pad.
- The green paper used as matting on the front and inside is Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button***
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://artbymiranchallenge.blogspot.ca/-- Anything Goes (no digital colouring)
- http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Red, White and Green
- http://a-crafty-mess.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes: Traditional Christmas Colours
- http://alphabetchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- V is for Variety (3 different embellishments or 3 different papers--I have used three different papers--two on the front of my card and one on the inside)
- http://chocolatecoffeecards.blogspot.ca/ -- Christmas
- http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Last Minute Christmas
- http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes/Traditional Christmas
- http://jinglebellesrock.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes Christmas Link fest
- http://jwscrapshack.blogspot.ca/ -- Happy Holidays
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,
Until next time,