Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Card Design: Birthday Card with Nicecrane Designs

http://nicecranedesigns.com/
Hello all!  Happy April 1st.  This is my third post of the day and if I can pull it off, I have one more I'd like to get out.  Unfortunately, I didn't get everything done during the month of March that I should have.  For one, I should have posted this card in March so apologies to Ignacio for being late.  The worse part is that April is an even busier month!  Along with Easter, during the last 11 days of the month I celebrate my birthday, the hubs celebrates his AND we have our wedding anniversary.  Now I usually try and take the last two weeks of April off, as much as possible anyway.  However, I don't think that is going to be a possibility this month, although I will at least need to take a few days here and there--somehow!  Gotta spend SOME time with the hubs so that I still have a hubs come May!!!
Right now, I'll share the latest birthday card that I've created using an image from the Spring Love collection from Nicecrane Designs.

Here are my card and the details...

General Information: 
  • Talk about making use of weird objects in different ways--you see that doily shape in behind the image?  Well, it isn't actually a doily, it is a stem wrap meant for glassware like wine glasses or any other type of a glass with a stem.  Quite a few years ago we had a Regal store in the area.  I guess there wasn't enough business because they had a closing out sale.  In the last couple days of the sale the hubs went to check it out.  Apparently, they wanted to get rid of everything and I mean everything so they sold 'stuff a bag full' for just a few dollars.  Well the hubs came home with these (among a whole host of other weird and 'what in the heck do we need that for' items) and I just looked at him and shook my head.  Sure we have stem-ware, we just never have any company so they wouldn't get used.  Well, they've been hanging around the house for more than ten years and when I came across them a few months ago, I decided I'd figure out one way or another on how to make them work in my card making.  Today's card is the first result.  Now I'm sitting here and looking at the card on my computer roughly 20 hours since it was finished and the image has pulled up entirely.  Apparently, I'm going to have to find a better adhesive.  However, for the most part, I'm pleased with how it looks. 
  
FRONT
Digital Image Details: 
  • Spring Love:  I just love this collection of images.  I really want to make a card, a wall hanging or maybe even a canvas using the frog image in the set to give to the hubs (let's see if I can pull it off for our anniversary).  But first I made this birthday card with another of the adorable images from the set.  For this card I used the image you see in the bottom right hand side of the preview below.  These images are just so sweet and can be used for a variety of occasions.  Click on the name or the watermark below to take you to its location in the store.
http://nicecranedesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=1255
Embellishments: 
  • The half pearls and the daisy are both Crafts brand and were purchased at Dollarama.
  • Doily like element is a stem wrap and actually Stem Wrap is the brand as well.  This was picked up at Regal during the last millennia.
Embossing Folder:
  • The panel of yellow cardstock was embossed using a folder from the Sizzix, Doilies and Roses set. 
 
INSIDE
Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • This great sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC.  Given there is a little chick in the image, it was perfect for this card.  While I picked it up as a freebie quite a while back, you can purchase it as part of the Never Too Old to Party Digi Word Art Set available in the store HERE.  For more great freebies, click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and to purchase some wonderful sets, click HERE to go to the store.
http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/tlc4lo/6766080/never_too_old_to_party_digi_word_art_set/design/digital_art_/cards
OVERALL 
Paper Products: 
  • Card base:  Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, cream.
  • Matting and accent panel on front: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Citrus Blend collection.
  • Image baseWhite photocopy paper.
  • Sentiment base:  Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Designer paper is from the Recollection's The Sweetest Thing Paper Pad.
 Challenges I am hoping to enter... 
 
Before I go...
Once again I thought I would share another wonderful set available at Nicecrane's Designs.  Since we're so close to Easter I thought these images would be perfect to showcase.  This digital stamp sheet is called The Easter Bunny.  You get the four images shown below all for the low price of $4.50.  Given that most digital stamps cost about $3.00 each, that is a pretty good deal.  These particular images are sure to make anyone smile.  I know I certainly do when I look at them.  Be sure to go and check them out while you are at the store (c
lick on image below to head to its location).
http://nicecranedesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117&products_id=877

Don't forget, to stay current on ALL the latest releases and to check out the fabulous inspiration from my fellow DT members, be sure to head over to the Nicecrane Designs blog.

I am so happy that you had a chance to pop by and check out my latest creation.  Unfortunately, that post I was hoping to get out later this evening isn't looking like it will happen given that it is now just about 9:00 pm and I still have to cook dinner.  Oh well, maybe tomorrow then. 

Until next time,



14 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Very cute images and pretty papers. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

froebelsternchen said...

Just Lovely !

Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!
Happy Easter
xxx
Susi

Lisa Minckler said...

That card is SOOOO cute and I love the sentiment you put inside...it's perfect and way to showcase Ignacio's wonderful images!!! I'm working on a set for him too, but my stinking computer ran out of ink...ahhhh! Feed the family for Easter or buy ink....eeek! LOL. Your card is beautiful and I do hope that you have a wonderful set of Birthday's and Anniversary and make time for some snugglin' ;)
Big hugs,
The other one.

Lula said...

Cute, cute card! Perfect for
a birthday!
Thanks for joining us at TIOT challenge.

shirley-bee said...

Love the cute duck image! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Love the Vintage feel of this card and the colors and creativeness used on the card. Thanks for playing with us at Craft Your Passion!
Carolyn, DT

Fliss said...

A really beautiful card and such a sweet image too.
Thanks for joining our flowers challenge.
Fliss MMM DT

Tanvi said...

Love your card Lisa! You have done a great job with the digi! Thanks for sharing at Craft Your Passion#255. Good luck!

Edwina said...

Aww, This card is just so adorable! I love that image Nice Crane has the cutest vintage images. I just love this set and the outline drawing one you showed us. Edwina Brown

CraftyShutterbug said...

What a lovely card. I really like the colours you have chosen, they work well with the image. Thank you for joining us this time at the Scribble & Scrap Challenge :)
Rachel, DT xx

SASAYAKI GLITTER STAMPS BY NAZ said...

Lovely hun. Thank you so much for joining us at Craft your passion challenge.

http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.com.au/

Hugs
Naz xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, thanks for joining us at TIOT! Valerie

Nicecrane Designs said...

Soooo cutee,,, sooo cuteee, love it, love it, Lisa......so funny and all over so adorble card,,,,,,Thaks for sharing it.

Pat said...

Very cool card. I wish I could digitally create like you can, but I'm still in the Beginner's group. LOL Thanks for joining us at Your Scrapbook Place challenges this month.