Right now though it is time for this week's challenge over at the delightful Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This week for Challenge #66 the theme is "Fancy Folds or Shaped Cards". Well, by now you all know that folding just isn't in the 'cards' for me right at this moment (hee, hee). Now while I do hope to one day soon be able to have the time to learn how to create an interesting fold, for now I'm saved by the fact that we could just do a shaped card.
Don't forget one person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images! AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images! Think of all the wonderful things you could create with all those digis. If you do use one of Kim's fabulous images make sure you let us know by writing DD after your name when you enter.
I've used the following digi in my project this week:
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- It was time to dust off the 'Something to Celebrate' Cricut cartridge and create something a bit different this week.
- Originally I wanted to create a 'best in show' kind of ribbon but unfortunately the Cricut machine I have only has a 6 x 12 cutting area and the largest I could make the ribbon was about 2.5 inches long. That was just a wee bit too small. However, maybe I could have entered it somewhere as the world's smallest card. Hmm....I'll have to check out what Guinness says.
- Anyways I settled on the shape you see below. Contrary to the picture, it turned out pretty small too (approx. 4.5 x 1.25) but maybe I can use it as a gift tag to accompany...well...a gift.
- Celebrate word art: You can find it in the DD store by clicking either the watermark or image name linked above. Coloured using Copic markers--Y21, Y23, V13, V15.
- Another great one from Create With TLC.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white. It is lined on the inside with Crafts Brand Cardstock, pastel green coloured--available Dollarama.
- Coloured with Copics: N0, C3, C5 (base coat for bottle); G02, G05, G09.
- The silver label and gold medallion were cut from Michael's open stock shimmery scrapbook paper.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
- 613 Avenue Create -- Anything Goes/Optional Twist Twist
- Word Art Wednesday -- Anything Goes
- Crafter's Digital Art Centre -- Anything Goes
So, why not come and show us what you've got by entering in our current challenge this week over at Digi Darla's Challenges? While you are there please check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the design team. We always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with.
Thank you so much for stopping by. As I've now added to my comment section, whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind. Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer. I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations. If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.
Until next time,
Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues with the above text. This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own. If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence is a different size, font, or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.