This time I have worked with a wonderful new image of a young girl. I don't often work with strictly people. I've done people with poses or something else going on in the image but I don't know that I have ever just done a profile kind of pic; so, it was time I branch out and try it. I'm so glad I did.
Here is the watermark of the image I used. You will be able to get your hands on it Saturday...
|SN00183 - Sweetheart|
- Sweetheart: I coloured this image mostly with Copics using E000, E00, E02 & R20 for her skin; E31, E33, E39 for her hair; and, B93 for her eyes, barrette and shading on Sweetheart's top.
- The actual top she is wearing was paper pieced using the Bloom Kit designed by Rachel Dickson from ComputerScrapbook.com. The background paper is the same as the one I used for the top. The frame around this young maiden and the buttons are also from this same Bloom kit. I fussy cut the buttons out and added some cross stitch thread to give them a bit of dimension.
- The background paper used on the inside and the buttons are, of course, from the Bloom kit as well.
- I thought that this was the perfect sentiment for the expression on the young girl's face. The sentiment is another great freebie I picked up over at Create With TLC. Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Designer Paper: Both the strip of blue on the front and used as a shadow inside, along with the strip of multi-colour flecked white are both Michael's open stock scrapbook paper. I used a punch to achieve the edging effect on the white one.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
- 613 Avenue Create -- Anything Goes/Optional Twist
- Word Art Wednesday -- Anything Goes
- Crafter's Digital Art Centre -- Anything Goes
I am so glad you have had the chance to stop by and check out my latest creation. Don't forget to stop by tomorrow when I will present the remaining new releases.