It is time to upload my creation for the Imagine That Progressive Challenge. This is another wonderful progressive challenge that I am lucky to be a part of. Kris B., the designer behind the images, is a fabulous designer and I'm happy I get the chance to earn new sets each month by linking up.
Christmas Card Count to date: 4
Yay, I've none done my two cards for the month.
This month the image that everyone who is part of the progressive challenge gets to play with, is the adorable, Polar Love.
Seriously? How cute is this image. You get the option of working with either the colour image or the line art one or both, like I did this month by morphing elements of the two, which you can read about a little later on. Additionally, this set has three great sentiments that work wonderfully with this design.
Here are my card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- A lot of time went into getting just the right look with the image by working with it digitally, but I think it was time well spent.
- Polar Love: This image is available in the store and is currently on sale. Click on the image name or the watermark above to head to its location in the store.
- As I mentioned above, I have actually morphed bits of the coloured image in with the black and white version. I had wanted to colour the majority of the image on my own but I just loved how the mailbox was coloured and of course really loved the backdrop in behind the image. So with quite a bit of finagling, I achieved the look I was going for.
- The rest of the image was coloured in with a combination of Copics, and using the effects of layer styles.
- Digital credits...the snow was achieved with applying a layer style from Sheila Reid, a designer with Pixel Scrapper. The hearts were achieved with applying a layer style from Marisa Lerin also with Pixel Scrapper.
- The glitter snowflakes were purchased at Michaels.
- One available in the Polar Love kit.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Card Kit, white, lg.
- Both the gingham paper and the word art one on the inside are from the Recollection's Bright Christmas paper pad.
- The cardstock is from one of my Michael's collections but it has been downstairs too long for me to remember which one.
- http://imaginethatdigistamp.blogspot.ca/2014/02/challenge-17-polar-love.html -- Progressive Challenge
- http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes: Christmas
- http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes: Patterned Paper
- http://www.craftindesertdivas.com/ (UL) -- Glitter
- http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://www.myperfectlifeuk.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Christmas
- http://scribbleandscrapcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://partytimetuesdays.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
Well guys, one more post done. Unfortunately though, it is already 8:30 and there is no way that I am going to get the chance to get anything ready for a Wonderful Wednesdays post. Hopefully by the weekend I might be able to get the final items of the kit out. I sincerely apologize but with this month having two fewer days, it has really messed me up and I still have one more progressive challenge to make a card for. Then of course there is the birthday card for my mom who is celebrating on Sunday and will not have a card in time. Sheesh, I really do need to look into this whole cloning thing.
Until next time,