It is time for the next challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.
This month for Challenge #14, the theme is Frame It! Frames are a great way to draw attention to an item on your page helping to create a focal point. They are also very versatile and can create quite an impact on your project. So, this month we want you to use a frame somewhere on your creation. We can't wait to see what you come up with.
In order to participate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme. You can enter as many times as you'd like AS LONG AS YOU USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE; or, if you choose to enter the challenge using another artist's image you are limited to three entries. As always, you are welcome to combine your entry with other challenges and we ask that you enter new projects/cards only - no back linking, plus the standard rules of linking your blog post and mentioning Scribbles Designs in your post. This challenge will end at 9pm PST on March 14th.
The winner, chosen by Random.org will receive three digital images. If you use a Scribbles Designs image, please add SD after your name--example: Lisa SD--and your name will be entered twice into the drawing for the prize. Additionally, there will be one digital image handed out for each of the Top 3, chosen by the Scribbles Designs Design Team. We look forward to seeing your interpretation of this month's theme. There also might be some extra recognition or prizes, you just never know.
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well to help get you started. Also, there is a new feature over at Scribbles Designs. Come see us every Friday for a special freebie post. Sam presents each week's freebie and showcases a card alongside it. You'll definitely want to go and check it out as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection.
To help inspire you, I've created a card using one of Sandy's wonderful frames, Frame 9. I've also managed to squeeze in one of her cool ladybug images, Lady Bug 1. Click on the watermarks below to take you to their location in the store.
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- Frame 9 and Lady Bug 1: Information for where to buy these images is included above.
- The frame and ladybug were coloured in using Copic markers.
- I've taken a page from my friend Desíre who often uses chalk to enhance images and sentiments. I used some yellow chalk to enhance all the swirls and also to enhance the word fly.
- I added glitter to the ladybug. Look how sparkly it is closer up...
- One I created.
- The wider ribbon is Crafts brand, purchased at Dollarama. The thinner ribbon that I superimposed on top of the wider one is Celebrate It Brand, purchased at Michael's.
- This clouds paper is a new paper that I have just finished creating for a winner over at the Path of Positivity. I'm really pleased with it because it is done completely by hand using cloud brushes that I have worked at blending in. You can't really see much of the paper here but I thought it was the perfect backdrop for my message.
- I've repeated the same frame on the inside.
- One I created to go with the front.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Card Kit, white, lg.
- Designer Papers:
- The pink paper used in behind the frames on the front and inside is Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- I used an embossing folder from the Cricut, Paper Lace II set of folders.
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://onecrazystampercom.blogspot.ca/ (5E) -- Anything Goes (entry 2)
- http://acreativeromance.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Let's Get Sentimental
- http://qkrstampede.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Sentiment Only
- http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Focus on Sentiment
- others may be added later today...
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,