Friday, January 30, 2015

Bookmark Design: Beatrix Potter from Nicecrane Designs

http://nicecranedesigns.com/
Hello!  I hope that you all have had a good week thus far. 

Today I am posting a couple of bookmarks that I made using designs from Nicecrane Designs I thought that they'd make a cute gift accompanied by a stuffed animal or even a Beatrix Potter book itself.

I decided that given the sadness of the last couple weeks with the loss of my mother in law, that I was due for some silliness; so, I photographed each of the bookmarks with some friends of mine.
  

BOOKMARK 1
General Notes:
  • Meet Valentine.  He recently had a bath so he is nice and clean.  He was a gift that my hubby gave me for our very first Valentine's Day as a married couple which means Valentine will be 25 years old on the fourteenth of February.  He still has a very special place in my heart. 
  • I figured I better show you a closer picture of the bookmark as well...
BOOKMARK 2
General Notes:
  • Meet Quack.  He was a gift from my parents when I was a teenager.  Goodness, he is even older than Valentine.  I don't remember specifically when I got him but I'm going to guess that I was about fifteen.  
  • Here is a closer picture of this one as well...
Digital Image Details: 
  • Beatrix Potter Bookmarks:  Both of these bookmarks were created with templates from the Beatrix Potter Bookmark set.  For this first one, I used the image you see second in from the right of the preview below.  The second bookmark was created using the last one on the right.  Click on the name or the watermark below to take you to its location in the store.
http://nicecranedesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=1308

OVERALL
Paper Products:

  • The base of each of the bookmarks was created with Michael's Recollection's Cardstock,white.
Ribbon:
  • The ribbon used on both bookmarks is Crafts brand and was purchased at Dollarama. 
Punch:
  • I used a star shaped Crafts brand punch, also purchased at Dollarama, to create the hole in each bookmark. 
Challenges I am hoping to enter...

Before I go...
Once again I thought I would share another wonderful set available at Nicecrane's Designs.  Sticking with the Beatrix Potter theme, check out these cool Beatrix Potter Thank You Cards.  This set contains four vintage images perfect for card and ATC design.  Be sure to go and check them out while you are at the store (c
lick on image below to head to its location).

Beatrix Potter Thank You Cards
Don't forget, to stay current on ALL the latest releases and to check out the fabulous inspiration from my fellow DT members, be sure to head over to the Nicecrane Designs blog.

I am so happy that you had a chance to pop by and check out my latest creation.  This weekend it is all about catching up and taking care of my neglected teams.  Lots to do!  I will definitely be back on Sunday when it is time for the new challenge to start over at The 12 Months of Christmas and also the midway for Scribbles Designs.  See you all in a couple days.

Until next time,

10 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This is SO SWEET!!! Hannah's nursery was decorated with Beatrix Potter bunnnies and designs. This makes me smile. <3

Isobel said...

Lovely idea thanks for sharing at Whoopsi Daisy good luck x

Lin said...

Your bookmarks are darling, Lisa, and I enjoyed meeting your furry friends, too! Thanks for sharing these with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge "Anything Goes"!

Alyx said...

So cute. Love your bunny. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Andree said...

Wonderful bookmarks, I love the traditional childhood images.
Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck x

CraftingMum said...

Lovely bookmarks thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Louise x

Unknown said...

Lisa,
I really like these book marks using the images from Nicecrane's. Thank you so much for entering our Anything Goes challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings,, Carole

Joyce Erb said...

So adorable! Thanks for joining us at The Mod Squad Challenge.

Jo Ann said...

These are all lovely...I love that you photograph them with the same animal. Wonderful attention to detail. Thank you for linking your card to our Challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. I want to share with you God's Word in Isaiah 43:18-19 which tells us, " "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Have a wonderful day filled with the blessings of the Lord Jesus!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Christelle said...

i like Beatrix potter world so I like your special bookmarks!
Many thanks to join us in Crafty Ribbons Challenge this week from Christelle DT