Earlier this week Yvette developed pneumonia after coming done with Influenza. Unfortunately, her heart just wasn't strong enough to bear it.
October 8th, 1914 - January 18th, 2015
Born in Rhode Island, U.S.A., Yvette came to Ontario with her family as a young adult in 1932. That same year, she met a man named Victor who would become her husband the following year. Yvette and Victor went on to have 18 children born over a 23 year span. Fourteen of those children are still living today. Sadly, Victor died in 1973. Yvette continued on throughout the years, involved in the lives of her children and the many grandchildren, and great grandchildren to come.
She has left a legacy of 14 children, 36-grand-children, 59-great grand-children and 7-great-great grand-children. So, this post is in honour of my husband, his siblings and the many extended family members who lost their matriarch in the early hours of this morning, January 18th. Yvette lived a long life and will be missed by many.
She celebrated her 100th birthday on October 8th and the card below was the one I made for her. I haven't had the chance to post about it before now but today seems fitting. It is after all a tribute and testament to a long life!
Digital Paper Details:
- VictorianTextures Vol2 and Handmade Papers I: For this card I used two beautiful papers from Nicecrane Designs. I wanted to go with something simple and elegant but also wanted a Victorian feel given the special occasion it was for and Ignacio had the perfect papers for the job. Click on the watermarks below to take you to the location of each set in the store.
- The frame was cut using the Elegant Edges cartridge.
- The numbers were cut with the George and Basic shapes cartridge.
- The flowers are from a stash that I received from my momma.
- The ribbon is Crafts brand and was purchased at Dollarama.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- Created by me.
- Card base, frame on front, numbers and matting behind sentiment: Crafts brand from Dollarama.
- Image and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Digital paper details are listed above.
- http://scribbleandscrapcrafts.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes Birthday
- http://www.dreamweaverstencils.blogspot.ca/ -- Birthdays
- http://creativeknockouts.blogspot.ca/ (8 challenges only) -- Birthdays
- http://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Birthdays (rules didn't say that you had to have a stamp of some nature so hopefully this is okay)
- http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Birthday for a girl
If you are the praying type, I'd ask that you keep my husband and his family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
If you need to get a hold of me, my time on the computer this next week will be sporadic. I do have a few more posts that must get done this month but I'll definitely be away from the computer for the next few days at least. I want to spend as much time as I can with my husband. Thanks for your understanding.
Until next time,