HAPPY, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Can you believe it?! The new year is here and what better way to kick start it on my blog, than with the midway for the latest Scribbles Designs Challenge.
There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this time around for Challenge #24, is 'Tis the Season!. Even though the holidays are coming to an end, it is still a great time for continuing with our holiday inspired picture inspiration challenge. The great thing about pictures is that one person can be moved by one aspect and another individual may see something totally different. So, whether you are inspired by the colours, the shapes, or the objects themselves within this particular picture, it doesn't matter. This challenge it is all in the eye of the beholder.
|Photo credit Petr Kratochvil of PublicDomainPictures.net|
- For the midway, I thought I would show you a decoration that I made, using one of my favourite SD sentiments. The front and back are designed the exact same way.
FRONT and BACK
Digital Sentiment Details:
- Season's Greetings Quote: This great sentiment is actually part of a set. You can find it in the store by clicking on the name of the image or the watermark below. This sentiment was re-coloured digitally and printed out twice.
- The green hanging ribbon, the green metallic stars, the white gemstone star and the felt items are all Crafts brand and were purchased at Dollarama.
- The base for the decoration (two copies) was cut using the Elegant Edges cartridge.
- Sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Decoration base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, red.
- I didn't want to just print the sentiment on white so I layered it right on top of one of my papers before printing. I chose something with a subtle pattern so that the sentiment would stand out. Unfortunately, the detail of the paper didn't photograph all that well; although, you can see it better in the top picture.
Here is a shot of it in a more natural environment. Unfortunately the flash washed it out a bit which is why I also included the pic of it above...
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button***
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- more to be added later...
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our 'Tis the Season theme. If you need some images to help you out, you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store (you can click the image above to head there now). Remember there is still two weeks left to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time, I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. With so many possible projects to create, the ideas are boundless. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,
Until next time,