Ah oops and then double oops. Around 6:30 last night I realized I hadn't finished this post yet. I had intentions to get to it right then and there but something came up (albeit I don't have a blinkin' idea what it was right now) and I completely forgot. Oh goodness me. At least I'm remembering now...
Hello! It is time for the May challenge and link up to begin over at The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up. We had another great showing in April and Monica and I hope that you'll continue to spread the word about our Link Up.
Don't forget that this link up is basically two-fold. First of all, you are still going to have the opportunity to link up any number of Christmas and December holiday themed cards throughout the month with an anything goes theme. At the end of each month, every person who has linked up a MINIMUM of two (2) Christmas or holiday themed cards will be eligible to receive a specially designed Christmas themed digital paper created by moi. That means that if you submit two cards each month, by the time that the year is done, you will have received 12 free digital papers, all for the low cost of linking up cards you need to create anyway. You do not need to use the digital paper you receive each month in your cards in order to get the next paper. They are strictly meant as incentive to participate.
While team members had the option of working with any of my Décosse's Dynamite Doodles papers, I did create a special set called Christmas Critters, based on the theme for this challenge. Check out the preview...
Everyone who links up a minimum of two cards during the month of May will earn ONE of the digital papers from this set. The specific paper up for grabs will be shown during the winner announcement post. If you would like to have a say in determining which colour will be offered, you can answer the poll we've set up in the sidebar on the top right hand side of The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up blog.
The second part of the challenge provides even more incentive to play. Each month there will be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. This month the optional theme is Christmas Critters. In order to have a chance to win the prize from our wonderful guest sponsor this month, make sure that your card showcases an animal suitable for a holiday card. You can find more details over on the Challenge #5 post. You can find that post and the link up by clicking HERE.
Also, be sure to check out all the rules and details on the Challenge Details Page. We have provided examples of a few different scenarios to help explain things and make them a bit clearer, in case there is any confusion.
This month our wonderful guest sponsor is Deedee's Digis...
Check out the fabulous image I got to work with this month for the start of the challenge...
In order to accommodate the new EU VAT regulations, Deedee has had to divide her store into two sections. Please be sure to click on the respective link for the area you live in. NON EU residents click HERE; EU residents click HERE.
This latest card makes...
Christmas Cards to date for 2015: 12...and here it is...
Digital Image Details:
- Deer Friend: Details and link above. The image is a PRE COLOURED image from the set.
- The star shaped gems are Crafts brand and were purchased at Dollarama.
- I have used one of the sentiments from the Deer Friend set.
- Card, image and sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- I used one of the papers from the Christmas Critters set which is mentioned above. If anyone is interested in purchasing this set, just let me know and I'll add it to the store.
- The shape on the front used as an accent piece is part of a tag shape template originally created by Marisa Lerin, Pixel Scrapper. I added a grunge texture from Heather Green, HG Graphic Designs using a clipping mask.
- The shapes used for matting in behind the image and sentiment are simple shapes created in Photoshop Elements.
- The shadows to give each element some depth were created with a layer style from Sheila Reid, also with Pixel Scrapper.
- http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
- http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Always Anything Goes: Christmas
- http://craftcreatoins.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
- http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.ca/ -- Wonderful Wednesdays: Always Anything Goes
- http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/ --Let's Get Digital (Both the image and the card have been created digitally. Then it was just printed and assembled and I added a little bling.)
- http://suzysmarty1.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes with a twist...Add Some Holly (The deer's wreath is made of holly and berries.)
- http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes: Christmas
- http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk/ (UL) -- Always Anything Goes
- http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.ca/ (UL) -- Always Anything Goes
So what are you waiting for? It is time to link up your Christmas and other holiday cards for May. Whether you choose to link up two Anything Goes themed cards simply to earn your free paper this month, or you choose to also follow the theme to have a chance at the sponsor's prize, it is completely up to you! Cards for this challenge will be accepted from 6:00 p.m. (18:00 hrs), May 1st - 11:55 p.m. (23:55 hrs), May 31st, 2015. You can find out all the details for this challenge including the link up by heading HERE. Monica, I and the design team hope to see you there!
Until next time!