In order to enter the progressive challenge, you must either have received the latest image by having participated in the previous month or you can buy the stamp for the current month's challenge. Everyone who enters and follows the rules is a winner because you automatically get the stamp for the next month's challenge. Stop by the site and check out the rules for yourself. While you are there, have a look around. They have some really awesome images.
This time around I decided to make a 'congratulations on your pregnancy' card. Here is my project and the details. I hope I haven't forgotten anything important...
- I thought carefully about what I wanted to do with this particular image. I already had a Mother's Day card but thought it still might lend itself well to a thank you card of sorts for my parents. I went back and forth between that idea and the one I decided on. The great thing is that because the card is mostly done digitally, I could easily swap out the inside sentiment and then just have to print, colour and assemble to create the thank you card I was thinking of. I love that about digital. You end up with lots of different reusable templates where you can just swap things out if you want.
Digital Image Details:
- The image on the front, Apple Blossom Birds, is available for purchase over at From the Heart Stamps. Click HERE or on the watermark below to go to its location in the store.
- If you missed out, you can still play along with the challenge by purchasing the image. Then you can enter the challenge and receive next month’s digi free. Alternatively, if you spend $10 in the From The Heart Stamps store this month, you'll receive the image for free. To find the special code you need, be sure to check out the original post by clicking HERE.
- One I created specifically for this card.
- The pennant shape was created using a template from Marisa Lerin, Pixel Scrapper. I paper pieced it with a digital paper from my Mommy Dearest: Patterned Papers kit (preview below).
- The digital brad and ribbon are from the Mommy Dearest: Buttons Bows and Brads section.
- This great sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. While I picked it up a while back as a freebie, you can purchase it as part of the Lots of Congratulations Digi Images and Word Art set. I've linked the watermark below to go to its location in the store. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for more awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
- Card, image and sentiment bases: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- All the patterned papers used on this card, including matting, are from my Mommy Dearest: Patterned Papers Kit.
- The shadows to give each element some depth were created with a layer style, from Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
- From the Heart Stamps -- progressive stamp of the month challenge
- http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
- http://stampandcreateblog.blogspot.ca/ -- May Flowers (limit of one entry per week: this is my first entry)
- http://artbymiranchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes but no digital colouring
- http://www.scribbleandscrapcrafts.blogspot.co.uk -- Anything Goes
- http://bunnyzoescrafts.blogspot.ca/ -- Buttons & Bows (Okay, so I only have one of each on the top left hand side, hope that is sufficient)
- http://www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.ca/ (3E) -- Always Anything Goes
- http://wagsnwhiskersrubberstamps.blogspot.ca/ -- Lots of Layers (their digital layers, but layers nonetheless. I hope that is okay)
- http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.ca/ -- Things with Wings
- http://www.withoutwordschallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Pink, Blue and Yellow with opt. of Floral (my flowers are pink, the outline around the image is blue and my birds are yellow. I hope this is CAS enough)
- http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/ -- Anything Goes
- http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- All Creatures Great and Small
Just one more progressive challenge to go this the month plus two other DT posts. You know, I just might make it. However, since I have a minimum of four post plus three creations to get ready for June first....maybe not. Wish me luck!
Until next time,