Hello everyone. I've had the opportunity to create for the start of The Path of Positivity Challenge. However, as busy as I have been I didn't get the opportunity to print out the pieces and assemble my actual card but I can show you the digital version of what it looks like.
Perseverance is the theme this month. To succeed in life you need perseverance. Even when facing difficulties, one needs to stay slow and steady and stay on course. Encouragement cards are a great way to show someone you care about the importance of never giving up and that is the focus of my creation tonight. I have a dear friend going through a severe depression right now and I'm trying to encourage her in every way to hang in there and not give up.
This month our sponsors are...
and Ike's Art...
For the start of the challenge, I'm working with an image from Deedee's Digs. Both Deedee and Ike had so many awesome images to choose from that worked well for this challenge. You can see the images the rest of the team chose to work with over on the challenge blog. For now, here is the one I chose to work with...
If you are a Non EU Resident, please click HERE to find this image in the store.
If you are an EU Resident, please click HERE.
If you are an EU Resident, please click HERE.
Here are my card and details. I hope I haven't forgotten anything important...
- I have used a sketch from From the Heart Stamps for the front of my card.
Digital Images Details:
- Chance of Showers: Details above. I've used one of the COLOURED images from the set. I recoloured it digitally to match more with the colours of my paper. Thankfully, Deedee's terms allow one to do this. Be sure to always check!
- I paper pieced basic shapes using three different papers from my new Colours of the Rainbow Textured Papers set. I'm working on getting it uploaded to the store. I just need to find the time to do so!
Digital Sentiment Details:
- This wonderful sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. I picked it up as a freebie. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for more awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.
Digital Paper Products:
- I've also used my own paper on the front and inside. It is also from a new set, this one called, Rainy Days.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Always Anything Goes
- http://www.deedeesdigis.com/ -- Special NSD CASE Challenge (Okay, I'm not sure if I'm interpreting this correctly but I lifted the idea of encouragement based on Deedee's "Need a Lift" creation. I've also used three of the same colours (two different blues and the green) in my creation. Hope this qualifies!)
- http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/ -- Anything Goes
- http://ttcrd.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
- http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes for May
- http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Always Anything Goes (the rules are a bit confusing. The rules page itself states three entries but only if you use a SD image; however the challenge posts themselves state, that you can enter as many times as you like as long as it is a new and current project each time. This is my second entry so I hope it is okay)
- http://digitallysweetchallenges.blogspot.ca -- April Showers Bring May Flowers (my second entry focusses on the 'showers' part. Hope that is okay. It is also 100% digital.)
- http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com.au/ (1E) Max.10-- I is for Inspire (a big part of my style is doing digital creations)
For Challenge #26, prizes will be the following:
- A $10 gift certificate from Ike's Art, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- A $25 gift certificate from Deedee's Digis, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
There will also be:So what are you waiting for? Create a project and/or post that is positive AND relates to perseverance, provide an explanation of how your project and/or post relates to the theme somewhere in your post or leave a comment on the challenge post with the explanation. Easy, peasy!
- One digital designer paper (made to order in a couple different ways) from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky person who leaves a comment.
- One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.
To find out all the details you need along with the link up, click HERE. The team and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!!!
Until next time!