Monday, May 04, 2015

Card Design: Path of Positivity #26--Perseverance



Hello everyone.  I've had the opportunity to create for the start of The Path of Positivity Challenge.  However, as busy as I have been I didn't get the opportunity to print out the pieces and assemble my actual card but I can show you the digital version of what it looks like.

Perseverance is the theme this month.  To succeed in life you need perseverance.  Even when facing difficulties, one needs to stay slow and steady and stay on course.  Encouragement cards are a great way to show someone you care about the importance of never giving up and that is the focus of my creation tonight.  I have a dear friend going through a severe depression right now and I'm trying to encourage her in every way to hang in there and not give up.

This month our sponsors are...

https://shop.deedeesdigis.com/

and Ike's Art...

For the start of the challenge, I'm working with an image from Deedee's Digs.  Both Deedee and Ike had so many awesome images to choose from that worked well for this challenge.  You can see the images the rest of the team chose to work with over on the challenge blog.  For now, here is the one I chose to work with...
If you are a Non EU Resident, please click HERE to find this image in the store.
If you are an EU Resident, please click HERE.


Here are my card and details.  I hope I haven't forgotten anything important...

General Info:  
  • I have used a sketch from From the Heart Stamps for the front of my card.


FRONT
Digital Images Details: 
  • Chance of Showers: Details above.  I've used one of the COLOURED images from the set.  I recoloured it digitally to match more with the colours of my paper.  Thankfully, Deedee's terms allow one to do this.  Be sure to always check!
Digital Embellishments & Paper Details: 
  • I paper pieced basic shapes using three different papers from my new Colours of the Rainbow Textured Papers set.  I'm working on getting it uploaded to the store.  I just need to find the time to do so!
 

INSIDE

Digital Sentiment Details:
  • This wonderful sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC.  I picked it up as a freebie.   For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for more awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store.


OVERALL
Digital Paper Products: 
  • I've also used my own paper on the front and inside.  It is also from a new set, this one called, Rainy Days.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...

For Challenge #26, prizes will be the following:
  • A $10 gift certificate from Ike's Art, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
  • A $25 gift certificate from Deedee's Digis, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
There will also be: 
  • One digital designer paper (made to order in a couple different ways) from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky person who leaves a comment.
  • One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.
So what are you waiting for?  Create a project and/or post that is positive AND relates to perseverance, provide an explanation of how your project and/or post relates to the theme somewhere in your post or  leave a comment on the challenge post with the explanation.  Easy, peasy!

To find out all the details you need along with the link up, click HERE.  The team and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!!!

Until next time!

13 comments:

Kathy D. said...

Great colors and like how you did the umbrella in the different colors. Thanks for showing off Deedee's Digis so well and playing in Deedee's Digis NSD challenge.
Kathy D.
Deedee's Digis Sponsorship Coordinator

cass said...

Fun take on our challenge, cute card. Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet this week for our 1st full month challenge "April Showers bring May flowers" Challenge

cheiron said...

Such a fun image. I love the colors too! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog :)

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

Cara said...

How fun Lisa! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Warm Regards, Cara
TTCRD Owner
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Penny said...

Very, very sweet, Lisa! I hope your friend recovers soon. :^)
Hugs, Penny

kReN said...

Lisa d, love your card. It was raining cats and dogs here yesterday and we had only one umbrella to get us from the car to our destination. Great job!
kren

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Lisa, those backing papers are fantastic. Love that umbrella too and the gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes Challenge May 2015 and Good Luck! Del xx

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Super fun colors on your card Lisa! Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge this month! Lynda – DT Member

Meighan Wheller said...

Love this sweet image and soft colours you have used. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges. Meighan DT

Edwina said...

Hi Lisa, I love this card. Especially the sentiment. Of course I just love the papers you made and used. That umbrella image is so cute. I love the patches on it and the colors you made it are so pretty. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

D- said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful card.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Tlc Creations said...

Your card turned out wonderfully~! Love the layout.
Paulette