Hey Peeps! It has been a while hasn't it. The hubs and I slipped away on an impromptu trip to London, Ontario, last week to visit my folks. It is roughly a seven to eight hour drive from our home. My dad celebrated his 75th birthday on Friday and it was Mother's Day here in Canada and many other countries on Sunday. We're back now but it is truly amazing how far behind one can get not getting any work done for four days straight! It is also my mom's surgery tomorrow to remove the skin cancer from her scalp so I've been a bit preoccupied with thoughts of that as well. Anyway, it is time to get back to business.
There is lots coming up in the second half of may including today's post. It is time for our new challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.
This time around, for Challenge #29, the theme is B is for...
Brads, buttons and beads, oh my! There are so many different kinds of embellishments or accessories that you can add to a card to give it just that perfect touch. Mirror that with some beautiful images and papers, come up with the perfect palette and you have a creation on your hands worthy of showcasing. This month we want to see your creativity in using as many elements and concepts as you can, that start with the letter 'B'. Get those brilliant brains busy and brainstorm up a beautiful, beguiling, blueprint built, befitting the best of the 'Bs'!
In order to participate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme and the other rules that have been established for our particular challenge blog. You can find them, along with the prize information, listed in the right hand sidebar of the challenge blog. This challenge will end at 9pm PST on June 14th.
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well to help get you started. Also, be sure to check out the special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection.
To help inspire you, I have created a simple 'thinking of you' card for a special friend. This particular card features one of Sandy's freebies that is still available.
Here are my card and all the details...
- Items I've used that begin with B include: Brown; Beige; Bones; Buttons; Bows; and Background paper (okay I might be pushing it with the last one).
- This card was created 100% digitally and then printed and assembled.
Digital Image Details:
- Dog Bone Freebie: This fun image is currently a freebies, as such I don't have a watermark for it so just click on the name to head to its location in the store. It has been coloured digitally.
- I added the writing on top of the bone before saving it as a new image. Then the whole thing was brought over into my card layout.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- This great sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. It is perfect for a simple 'thinking of you' card. It is the first time I have used it but I am sure I'll use it again and again. While I picked it up as a freebie not too long ago, you can purchase it as part of the You Make the World Better, Thank you set. I've linked the set watermark below to take you to its location in the store. For more great freebies, click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and to purchase some wonderful sets, click HERE to go to the store.
- I created the button and bow combo using a template from Marisa Lerin and an existing element from Sheila Reid (just recoloured it a bit). Both of these designers are with Pixel Scrapper.
- The shapes used for matting in behind the image and sentiment are simple shapes created in Photoshop Elements.
- The shadows to give each element some depth were created with a layer style, also from Sheila Reid.
- Card, image and sentiment bases: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
Digital Paper Products:
- I have used one of the patterned papers available in the Scribble Doodle Designs Puppy Powers set. You can get it as part of the full set (including six patterned and six textured papers) or simply in the patterned papers set. Clicking on either watermark below will take you to the page they are available on in the Scribbles Designs store.
#DP 005 Puppy Power Paper Set ($3.99)
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
***Please note that if the word verification appears, ignore it and simply click the 'publish' button**
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://ema-ginationstation.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
- http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com.au (3E) (Max 10) -- Anything Goes
- http://www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.ca/ (3E) -- Always Anything Goes
- http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes (but must be a card)
- http://ttcrd.blogspot.ca/ (2E) -- Always Anything Goes
- http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Naughty or Nice [obviously falls in the nice category unless you start thinking about the meaning of bones... ;) ]
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,