Here is my card, I hope that I haven't forgotten any important details:
- Sadly in the last month, three of my friends have had deaths in their family. This card is meant for a friend (and her family) who recently lost her father in law.
- This card is also my first attempt at watercolours on a card. For the last three years, I've been coveting some special ink pencils over at Michael's. Unfortunately the Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils are $100 for 24 colours. That is rather steep for me. So I've let them go but always wanted them. I had bought some cheaper versions of watercolour pencils but they don't really work at all; so, I just use them as coloured pencils. Anyway...this month is one of the hubs' busiest at work and that means a LOT more hours. At the same time we got a 50% off coupon so I decided that now was the best time. Inktense pencils are related to watercolor pencils, (allowing you to sketch and then wash over them with water). The difference is that once you’ve washed and the pigment dries, it becomes waterproof. This forms a coloured layer of ink that looks more like an ink painting than a watercolour sketch. Well, it took me a while to colour the image but I did enjoy doing it. It isn't great by any means but I think it is okay for my first attempt.
Digital Image Details:
- Dogwood Branch: The main image I've used is this pretty dogwood flower. Given its nature I thought that it was the perfect flower for me to work with using the Inkense pencils and also a nice image for a sympathy card. You can find it in Pattie's Etsy shop by clicking on the name or watermark linked below.
- One I created to lead into the verse on the inside.
- The cord and the half pearls are Crafts brand and were purchased at Dollarama.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- This sentiment is one I created for my 100 followers celebration back in 2013. To head to that post, click HERE. You can find that sentiment plus a number of other freebies.
- Card base and matting: Card base, Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Pink Buttons collection.
- Sentiment base: Michael's Recollection's cardstock, white.
- Image base: Canson watercolour paper.
- Avenue 613 -- Anything Goes with optional twist
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://scribbleandscrapcrafts.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.ca/ -- Wonderful Wednesdays: Anything Goes
- http://artbymiranchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes: Hand Coloured
- http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://stampingwithdragon.blogspot.co.uk/ -- A Bouquet of Flowers (I hope that three is enough for a 'bouquet'.)
- http://digitallysweetchallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- April Showers Bring May Flowers
You have until June 4th to enter our challenge which should give you lots of time to get a creation that has a flower as part of the image completed. I really hope that you will be able to join us. Don't forget that along with all the typical rules that apply to the majority of challenges out there (please click HERE to become familiar with all the rules), you MUST USE A DIGITAL OR STAMPED IMAGE to qualify for the drawing (unless stated otherwise). We would absolutely love to see you use a Pattie's Creations (PC) image on your card, but you are allowed to use other images. If you do use a PC image, you will gain an extra entry in the draw and will have a better chance to WIN! You can enter twice per challenge and of course MUST follow all the challenge requirements that are posted for each challenge. Easy Peasy right!
Pop over to the challenge blog and check out what my fabulous teammates have offered up for inspiration. Oh and don't forget...Pattie offers up a new freebie the first Friday of the month and it will remain up for approximately two weeks; so, be sure to pop over and check it out as well!
Until next time,