Part of these duties is telling you all about the latest challenge going on over at the delicious Digi Darla's Challenges Blog. This week for Challenge #83 the theme is "Fall Into Fall: Vibrant Colours". It is my turn this month to pick the challenge themes and I really hope you like what I have come up with. This week it is all about colour with the fall season upon us in many parts of the world. The Canadian Thanksgiving will be celebrated next Monday and the American one will soon be here too. The air is crisp and it is that time of the year when the leaves on the trees change, leaving us a beautiful colour palette in nature to behold. So, we can't wait to see your brightly coloured fall themed creations. Now it also happens to be our copy cat challenge for the month and you know what that means--there is a free image waiting for you over on the challenge blog to use in this week's entry. It is a cute one too so don't miss out on playing along.
Since you need to use the image we are giving away on your project, that means that everyone is eligible for the opportunity to win eight images! How awesome is that!
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- I am finally getting in the habit of using some of my own creations in my card making. I'd love to do it more but the cost of ink makes it prohibitive. At least I'm managing small bits and pieces.
- Given that this card is going to my parents, it is nice that there are lots of pieces of 'me' in it.
- Fall Kitty: As mentioned above, the image used this week is the copycat image so you can find it over on the challenge blog.
- The image was coloured with Copic Markers. Cat: R20, YR21, YR23, E23. Collar: R20, R22. Leaves: Y35, Y38, R14, R17, YG61, YG63. Grass: YG61, YG63, YG67. The sky was done with a blend of three coloured pencils; unfortunately it is difficult to see.
- This is another great autumn sentiment from my collection of TLC Creations. Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store. I wasn't able to find the image in the store, so if you can't find it and you are interested in purchasing it, be sure to contact Paulette.
- I coloured the sentiment in Publisher before printing it out, so that it would match my other colours choices.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Card Kit, white, sm.
- Digital Designer Papers:
- Green textured paper and the leaves paper are ones I created, available in the same post HERE.
- Green (matting front and inside, plus extra strip) and orange cardstock (strip on front)--Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
So, how about you come on over and show us YOUR wonderful talents by entering in our current challenge this week over at Digi Darla's Challenges? While you are there please check out the great projects from the rest of the design team. We always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with.
Until next time,