Check out what I made this week...
- I think that this project probably qualifies as my first ever go at Gothic. Now that is kind of strange because this is one of the styles that I am drawn to for my entertainment. I love the world of Vampires and all that is Science Fiction and Fantasy. I just have to figure out a way of thinking creatively in that area. The awesome thing is that the range of images over at Ike's Art is so incredible that I can go from working with beautiful flowers or cute little animals for one creation and use a very dark image in my next. Although I think it will be awhile before I do anything too dark. I'd have to figure out a theme behind my card first. However, if I start hanging out more at the blogs of my Ike's World Challenges teammates, I know I'm sure to pick up some inspiration.
- I found another awesome paper that had a design built in. I love the lacy appearance of the corner of the paper and thought that it helped add to the look I was going for.
- Catular: This menacingly cute cat was an image I picked up as a freebie last October. I adored it at the time and finally came up with an idea of how to use it. If you are interested in 'Catular' you can find him in the Animals section of the store or by clicking the watermark below.
- I've coloured the image using Copic Markers. Cat: C1, C3, C5, C7, B91, 100. Cape: R32, R35, R39. The grounding around the image and the actual ground are all done with three different colours of chalk. I also used a coloured pencil to add texture to the fur and to darken the immediate space underneath the image.
- The digital sentiment is one I created but haven't released yet.
- I thought it would be cool to use the same paper only this time I flipped it so that there would be balance between the front and inside. I also chose to leave the writing area blank and not add an additional sentiment. Since I don't have an immediate purpose for the card, I figured I could just write what I was 'fangful' for when the time comes.
- Designer Paper: The paper I have used is from DCWV La Belle Rouge Stack.
I hope to be able to enter some challenges later this week and/or month.
What will you create using one of Ike's awesome images? Pop over and play along with us anytime during the next two weeks over at Ike's World Challenges. You can find out everything you need to know in order to play, by heading to the challenge blog. I've linked the logo below to take you there. While you are over there, please be sure to check out the incredible creations offered up by some of my fellow DT members and be sure to pop in again next week when the second team's projects are showcased to help inspire you.
Until next time,