This week for Challenge #86 the theme is "Monster Movie Madness!". It is my month for picking the themes and for my choice this week, I want to see a project that pays homage to your favourite monster. Werewolves, Vampires and Ghouls, oh my! Show us what kind of inspiration you can get from a monster movie. Since Halloween is almost upon us, dust off those creepy or scary movies and create a project that depicts your interpretation of your favourite monster movie. Now for those of you that are faint of heart, cute monster movies qualify too. Just be sure to let us know which monster movie you used to help inspire you.
One person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images! AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images! If you do use one of Kim's wonderful images make sure you let us know by writing DD after your name when you enter.
I've used the following Digi Darla's digis in my project this week:
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- The movies I have been inspired by are ANYTHING vampire related from Nosferatu to the Blade Trilogy and everything in between. Although the image I had to use was a bit cutesy compared to the vampires in the movies I adore, it is a vampire nonetheless. Additionally, the bats on the front also represent icons from these movies.
- I also wanted to avoid making a Hallowe'en card and opted for something I could give the hubs, regardless of the time of year.
- Isn't this backdrop freakin' cool?! Well I think it is. It is an image that is in the public domain and for awhile I've been trying to figure out how to make a digital paper out of it. Somehow I'm going to get it done because it is just too awesome to not use. This image was designed by Larisa Koshkina and it is available over at PublicDomainPictures.net.
- The image all on its own was absolutely perfect for the front of my card as it sets a cool and eerie scene.
- Vampire boy: You can find the image of the cute little Vampire boy in the DD store by clicking on the image name or watermark linked above.
- He is coloured with Copic Markers. Skin & Facial Features: E000, E00, E02, R20, B91, R32, R35, 100. Hair, Cape, Shoes: C5, C7, 100. Bow Tie & Pants: C1, C3, C5. Vest: R22, R24, R29. Shirt: Colourless blender, R20. Pumpkin: YR02, YR04, YR07. Recollections white marker for the teeth on boy. Coloured pencils were used for the ground and background.
- Batty over you: This cute little combination image and sentiment is a new one from Scribbles Designs. It was perfect for use on this card.
- The bat and block letter word have been coloured with Copic Markers. Bat: C5, C7, 100. Batty word: R22, R24, R29. Recollections white marker for the teeth on bat.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Black paper used as matting on the inside of the card is Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, black.
We'll see if I can find the time this week to do so.
So, how about you come on over and show us YOUR wonderful talents by entering this week over at Digi Darla's Challenges? While you are there please check out the great projects from the rest of the design team. We always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with.
Until next time,