In order to enter this challenge, you must either have received the latest image by having participated in the previous month or you can buy the stamp for the current month's challenge. Everyone who enters and follows the rules is a winner because you automatically get the stamp for the next month's challenge. Stop by the site and check out the rules for yourself. While you are there, have a look around. They have some really great images. Below you will find the card I'm entering for the October challenge.
Here are my card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- The image that I received this month leant itself rather well to the card design I decided to go with.
- I present to you my very FIRST 'I have no idea what it is called' folded card. I have seen this card fold a few times. A few months ago I saw it on Suze's (Craftysuze) blog for another progressive challenge that we are both part of and I promised her at the time that she had inspired me to finally go ahead and try to create it. Well, it took me awhile Suze but I finally managed to get it done! Now I just need to know what the heck the actual card fold is called. Can someone help me with that???
- Since the card fold wasn't too complicated for me to figure out, I just used Suze's card as a reference and created my own sizing to fit my purposes. Given I wasn't sure what it was called it was kind of hard to do a search for a tutorial. Don't think putting in "I have no idea what it is called card fold" into a search bar would have got me very far.
- It is good practice because I have a fancy fold coming up in a month over at another challenge blog and this one went so well I think that I'll use the same fold for that challenge too.
- The image on the front, Havest Medley, is available for purchase over at From the Heart Stamps. Click HERE or on the watermark below to go to its location in the store. I really like windowpane effect of this stamp. What an awesome quote too. In hindsight I probably shoud have grounded each of the images. To be honest I'm not sure how I forgot. Oh well, these things happen.
- Each area of the image has been coloured with Copic markers. Pumpkin: Corn & Yellow Leaf: Y32, Y35, Y38. Corn Stalk, Pumpkin Top & Green Leaf: YG61, YG63, YG67. Red Leaf: R32, R35, R39.
- Since I'm so proud of this first attempt at this particular card fold, I'm going to show you how it looks from a few different perspectives.
- This is one I got as a freebie from the wonderful Paulette of Create with TLC. Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store. While I have used it recently, once again it was the perfect match to the type of card I was creating. Not sure why the yellow matting looks like such a different colour from above. Weird.
- While the image is no longer available for free, you can get it as part of the Stuffed Digi Stamp Set available in the store now. Click on the watermark below to head to its location in the store.
- I've coloured this image with Copic markers. Colours used include: YG00, YG03, R32, R35, Y35, Y38.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Card Set, large.
- Designer Papers: The chevron paper (front and inside) is from Recollection's The Sweetest Thing Paper Pad.
- Green paper used for matting is Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
From the Heart Stamps -- progressive stamp of the month challenge
Thanks for popping by everyone!
Until next time,