The card doesn't specifically have to be for someone dealing with cancer, it could just be for someone that is dealing with some sort of difficulty, or a project that lets someone you care about, know that you are thinking of them. However, in honour of breast cancer awareness month, we do ask that you include lots of pink on your creation.
One person will be the lucky winner of FIVE Digi Darla (DD) images! AND any entries using a DD image get entered into a SECOND drawing for THREE images. So, you could technically win eight images! If you do use one of Kim's wonderful images make sure you let us know by writing DD after your name when you enter.
I've used the following Digi Darla's digi in my project this week:
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- Check it out! My card is once again back on its picture taking stand. I am such a lucky girl. When my parents were up last week, they brought up one of their cameras that they weren't using. Woo, hoo! We now have a new camera and didn't have to spend $300.00 to get it! It is also basically brand new as my dad only took a few pictures on it during a trip they were on. In fact, the only thing I had to agree to in order to get the camera was to send them the pics he had taken that have been sitting there for a couple years. That is a pretty good deal!!!
- Okay, one of the challenges I am entering is 'Ribbon, String, Twine'. Okay technically I didn't attach any extra string but the clothesline is made of string so that should count right?! It is all in the interpretation and thankfully most challenge blogs let people get creative with how they interpret themes. Let's hope that BMDC is one of them!
- Now I hope that people get what I am trying to convey with this card. For anyone dealing with cancer, not only is HOPE extremely important but so is the need for humour as well. Hopefully, you guys can see both elements in this card.
- Clothes on line: You can find this pretty image in the DD store by clicking on the image name or watermark linked above. I'm afraid that the printer seems to be having an issue so the image didn't print out solid exactly.
- This sentiment is from Heather, the awesome owner of Fresh Brewed Designs and another store that I am honoured to promote and thankful to be part of. If you act fast you can grab this sentiment and two others over on the homepage at the store for free. Click HERE to go find them (you'll need to scroll down a bit).
- I've seen people create these warped banners/pennants (whatever you want to call them) and I have wanted to try it out myself. My first attempt didn't go so well as I ended up folding it in the middle and created a crease that was just too noticeable. The second one turned out okay I think. In hindsight, it probably should have been a tad longer on each end so that it overlapped more but I'm pretty pleased with it overall. Now I just have to remember to stuff tissue or bubble wrap in the groove if I ever have to mail it so that it doesn't get wrecked.
- The little pink half pearls are Crafts brand from Dollarama.
- Floral bra--coloured: That gorgeous floral bra was a freebie I picked up so long ago that I was still 'anonymous' at the time. Thankfully it is still available over at Beccy's Place. You can click HERE to go to the page it is on. There are actually two different versions of this image, a black and white and the coloured one I used for my card. There are also two versions of a pretty awareness ribbon available too. Don't forget to say thanks if you go over and grab these images.
- One I created based on a breast cancer awareness slogan. I tried to find a font similar to the one Heather used (front).
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's cardstock, white.
- Digital Designer Papers:
- Beccy's Place -- October Challenge
Bearly Mine Challenges -- Ribbon/String/Twine (the clothes line is made of string, right?)Oh poop, I missed the end date. Maybe next time.
If I can find some time, I'll try and enter a couple more challenges. Man I need an assistant!!!
So, how about you come on over and show us YOUR wonderful talents by entering in our current challenge this week over at Digi Darla's Challenges? While you are there please check out the great projects from the rest of the design team. We always look forward to seeing the delightful creations you come up with.
Until next time,