It is time for the next challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.This month for Challenge #10, the theme is Shades of Orange. Now is the perfect chance to get any of your last minute Hallowe'en, fall or Thanksgiving cards created. However, you aren't limited to just those occasions. As long as your card has some oranges in it, you are fine.
In order to particpate in our challenges you DO NOT NEED TO USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE on your project but you must follow the monthly theme. You can enter as many times as you'd like AS LONG AS YOU USE A SCRIBBLES DESIGNS IMAGE; or, if you choose to enter the challenge using another artist's image you are limited to three entries. As always, you are welcome to combine your entry with other challenges and we ask that you enter new projects/cards only - no back linking, plus the standard rules of linking your blog post and mentioning Scribbles Designs in your post. This challenge will end at 9pm PST on November 15th.
The winner, chosen by Random.org will receive 3 digital images. If you use a Scribbles Designs image, please add SD after your name--example: Lisa SD--and your name will be entered twice into the drawing for the prize. Additionally, there will be 1 digital image handed out for each of the Top 3, chosen by the Scribbles Designs Design Team. We look forward to seeing your interpretation of this month's theme. There also might be some extra recognition or prizes, you just never know.
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE.
You can also find some free sentiments from Sandy's personal blog HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well.
To help inspire you, I've created a card using one of Sandy's new funky Hallowe'en images: Witch's Boots 2. Click on the watermark below to take you to its location in the store.
Here are the card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- This challenge presented me the perfect opportunity to get one of the Hallowe'en cards done for my surrogate niece JuJu. I'll be showing you her sister JoJo's card at the midway point.
- Witch's Boot 2: Information for where to buy this image is included above. I absolutely LOVE this image. What is really cool is that you can get three different versions of it!
- It was coloured using Copic markers. Stockings: Y17, YR04, YR07, V12, V15, V17. Boots: C5, C7, 100, YR04. Ground: W1, W3, W5. Grounding around image: YG00 and colourless blender.
- One I created but haven't released yet. In hindsight I think it would have looked better it had been its original size. While it looks a little blurred, it is actually the shadow and the way the layer style printed. It definitely looks much better in its digital format.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, black.
- Designer Papers:
- Hallowe'en themed papers (front)--These papers are from Recollection's All Seasons Paper Pad.
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. It is that time of season in many places where the colours of fall are all around you bringing an incredible palette of oranges to choose from. Inspiration is everywhere! If you need some images to help you out you can check out all the latest Hallowe'en images that recently went into the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog. so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,