I encourage you to go over and enter our challenge where the theme this week is "Love is in the Air".
A random winner will win 2 free digi's from the store however if you use a QKR image, you will win 5 free digis. So, it is definitely worth entering your love themed cards over there this week. QKR has some absolutely adorable images to work with. The image that helped me place in a top five and a top three was from QKR. This time I got to work with the following sweet images for my GDT entry this week:
- digi11707 This Much (bunny)
- digi15116 This Much (sentiment)
Here is the inside...
Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- General Comments: I went very clean and simple this time around. Well, clean and simple for me anyways. I apologize for the shadow you see in the upper right hand corner where the brads are. That is what happens when I scan a card that has any type of three dimensional object on it. While we have a digital camera, it isn't a very good one and it doesn't take close up images so I only use it when the card is really expanded.
- Digi-Image: As mentioned earlier, the cutey pie image from the front of the card is from QKR Stampede. It was coloured mostly using Copic markers. Bunny: E000, E00, E02, E11 (fur); R20, R22, R24 (ears); YR21 (eyes). Clothes: B21, B24, B29 (shirt and tie); Y11 (tie clip). Grounding and additional fur was applied with Watercolour pencils. I used a light blue that unfortunately can't be seen in the picture above, around the bunny. I used grey and black for the actual ground and used light brown for the fur.
- Sentiments: The 'I love you this much' sentiment on the front of the card is from QKR Stampede. The inside sentiment was created by me. Both are printed onto Recollection's Cardstock White Paper.
- Paper: I used white paper for the card base purchased at Michael's--Recollection's Cardstock. The dark blue patterned paper is from the Recollection's Signature paper pad called Everyday Moments. The dark blue solid paper used as a shadow for the inside sentiment and on the left hand side inside the card is Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
- Embellishments: The three little gemstones on the front, are from Dollarama.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
- Fat Pages and Cards with Attitude -- Challenge 32: Love
- Artistic Inspirations Crafts -- Challenge 26: Love/Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday -- Challenge #65: Anything Goes
- One Stitch at a Time Challenge -- Challenge #148: Use a Digi
- Bunny Zoe's Crafts -- Anything Goes
- Love To Create Challenge -- Anything Goes
- My Grafico Crafts -- Challenge #144: Anything Goes
- Creative Inspirations Paint -- Anything Goes
- Avenue 613 -- Challenge #4: Anything Goes/Colour Twist
- My Papercrafting World -- Digi Desserts Fridaze
- Cards Galore Challenges -- One for the Men
- Digi Haven -- Love/Valentine Challenge
- The Stamping Chef -- Love Challenge
- The Stamping Shack -- Love is in the Air
- Crafter's Digital Art Centre -- Anything Goes
- Milk Coffee Challenge -- Valentine's or Love
Some more challenges may be added to this list throughout the week or month.
Thanks so much for stopping by and please leave some love if you have the time. As I've now added to my comment section, thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to write me a little note. Whether you are a regular, here for the first time or popping over in your official capacity as a DT member, please know how much I appreciate the words that you leave behind. Your encouragement helps me to become a better designer. I try my best to reply to your comments (when an email address is available) but that is getting more and more difficult as my plate fills up with new responsibilities, new roles, and new obligations. If I don't get the opportunity to thank you personally, know that I don't take a single comment for granted. Thank you for your understanding.
So, please head on over to QKR Stampede and join in all the fun. While you are there, check out the fabulous cards offered up by the QKR design team. We can't wait to see what you create!
Until next time,
Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues. This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own. If it turns out that something looks wonky, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.