Friday, April 18, 2014

Adventures in LA LA Land: Post Microsoft Woes and Plans for the Weekend and Week Ahead

Hellooooooooooooo to all my wonderful friends, followers and readers!  I'm baaaaacccccckkkkkk! Well, mostly.  I still have a bunch of things to do yet, to bring my system back up to where it was before I was forced on hiatus, but I'm getting there, slowly but surely.   If you are here reading this, thanks for sticking by me during my absence.  I've missed you guys!

As far as my system itself goes, the hard drive was installed and partitioned, and Windows 7 was successfully installed by my brilliantly talented hubs.  The one thing we still haven't been able to figure out is why I no longer have sound.  That one is a conundrum that we are still working on.  Oh and my flash player isn't working but since I don't have sound right now, I wouldn't get the benefit out of it anyway.  However, we still have to figure out why neither are working.

Most of my programs have been reinstalled and so far, they all seem compatible with the new operating software.  There are still some older programs to add and I've yet to install the open source office suite that I downloaded for free.  That will definitely chew some more time up getting to understand how all those programs work but it needs to be done and soon.   I also have a bunch of organizing to do and have yet to install all my brushes, layer styles and fonts.  While I am on the subject, does anyone know the pathway for installing layer styles in Windows 7?  I read somewhere that it was supposed to be:  Program Data/Adobe/PhotoshopElements/12.0/PhotoCreations/LayerStyles.  However, that didn't work for me and I am having to load them one by one through the manager.  Thank goodness, 12.0 allows you to load layer styles unlike 5.0 or I wouldn't be able to access them at all.   However, I'd prefer to be able to load them all at the same time by copying them to the appropriate folder.  I know in XP, you had to load them through the Documents and Settings folder but I can't seem to locate anything like that on Windows 7.  I also haven't found much info in on-line searches either, so I am appealing to any of you who may be able to help me out with this. 

So, in the end Microsoft didn't win, although it certainly took a chunk out of both the pocketbook and my time.

Thank you so much to my team leaders--Heather, Ike and Sandy--who graciously allowed me to take this past week off!!!  I could never have pulled off all my various team duties AND get my system upgraded at the same time.  You ladies have no idea the pressure that took off my shoulders so thank you so very much.

Additionally, thanks to all of you who offered me support and aid to accomplish some of my tasks this week.  Monica and Lynda have been troupers helping me with the Path of Positivity and Desíre was a doll as well, helping me out getting everything tabulated for the 12 Months of Christmas, so that I can bring you the results for Feb and March, sooner rather than later.

So now it is time that I start getting back on track.  Get ready for an onslaught of posts coming at you over the next several days.  In a short while, I'll be posting about an Internet Security threat that if you are not aware of it, you really need to be.  Then later this afternoon, I'll be showcasing the first of four Easter cards that I will be posting about this weekend.  Tomorrow, I'll be bringing you the 'winners' list for the 12 Months of Christmas, a special treat for all of you, and a second Easter card.  Sunday brings with it, the third Easter card plus another special treat.  I'm also going to do a quick post to let you know about the new challenges over at Ike's World and Scribbles Designs Challenges and about the new releases that took place at Fresh Brewed Designs, that I missed posting about earlier in the week.  Monday, I hope to have a Motivational Monday post along with my fourth Easter card.  Tuesday will bring another treat and Wednesday I get back on track with some more Design Team duties.  I also have to fit in another post filled with some Easter tags I created and I'm sure something else will pop up along the way.  As you can see, it is going to be a VERY busy few days ahead.  I hope that you will continue to pop by and see what I'm up to as I get back on track.  And, on that note, I better get going!

Until an hour from now,


4 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Awesome, Lisa! Glad you're up and running again! Hope once you get these few last computer woes sorted that everything will be smooth sailing!

Granmargaret said...

Glad you are up and running again. Hope all goes well.

Maryann Laursen said...

Awesome to have you back here Lisa, and I´m glad to hear, you actually won over Microsoft in the end ha ha ha. And don´t worry, we´ve all been there too, and so we all know, how time consuming it is, and you just take all the time you need hun, and we´ll all be here, when YOU´re ready again. I hope, you also still find a little time to enjoy a very Happy Easter with your family too? Don´t overdo anything, then you´ll just go down with stress, and we sure don´t want anything like that to happen right? So take care, and a deepbreath and enjoy your Easter okay?

Crafting Vicky said...

soooo glad that you finally got it all figured out! hopefully you will have sound soon!!!