Saturday, April 26, 2014

Card Design: Imagine That...Progressive Challenge for April

http://imaginethatdigistamp.blogspot.ca/
It is time to upload my creation for the Imagine That Progressive Challenge.  I am so lucky that I am part of this wonderful progressive challenge.  Kris is an amazing designer and I just love getting a chance to earn her fabulous new sets each month by linking up. 

This month the image that everyone who is part of the progressive challenge gets to play with, is the cute Ladybug Boots & Daisies Planter.

http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/p209/Ladybug_Boots%2FDaisies_Planter.html 
This is such a unique image and as always, you get the option of working with either the colour image or the line art one or even both, like I did a couple of months ago!  You can even just work with a set of plain boots.  This particular set also comes with seven different sentiments!  Kris always provides such great variety. 

Here are my card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything... 

General Comments: 
  • This month I opted to work with the precoloured version of the stamp.  Time has not been my friend and with having to complete seven cards in a one week period, I needed to save a bit of time somewhere.
  • This card has also been designed 100% digitally and then printed out and assembled as a physical card. 
  • For the front of my card, I used a sketch from From the Heart Stamps.  I just love their sketches!

 
FRONT
Digital Image Details: 
  • Ladybug Boots & Daisies Planter:  If you don't have it, this set is available in the store for purchase at a discount for the remainder of April. Click on the image name or the watermark above to head to its location in the store.
  • As I mentioned above, I used one of the pre-coloured versions.
Digital Sentiment Details:

  • One available in the set.  I coloured it to match the green in the card. 
Digital Embellishments: 
  • The daisies on the front were created using a template from Kathryn Estry's Flower Factory kit obtained at Professional Scrap Designs.
  • The leaves were created using a template from Sheila Reid, a designer with Pixel Scrapper.    
INSIDE
Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • This wonderful sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC.  Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store.
 
OVERALL
Paper Products:
 
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white
Digital Paper:
  • The dotted paper is from the Bloom kit designed by Rachel Dickson from ComputerScrapbook.com, and is still available as a freebie.   I adjusted the colour to better match the colours within the image.
Digital Embellishments: 
  • I created and layered two basic square shapes to serve as matting in behind the image on the front and the sentiment on the inside.  I also created one to serve as matting for the sentiment on the front.  All these shapes were adjusted simply with bevels.
  • I also created three lines and then adjusted them using a layer style from Shelby Kate Schmitz of graphicssoft.about.com
Challenges I am hoping to enter... 
 http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/index.html

I encourage you to go and check out the digis that Kris offers along with the Progressive Free Digi Challenge.  It is another fun place to shop and play.


Well guys, one more card and post done. That is three down and just four more to go by Wednesday!  I'm off to send out Christmas papers to a couple more people and then it is time to move on to getting those projects done!

Until next time,
 

9 comments:

Edwina said...

Hi Lisa, I love your card. It is so pretty. The sketch is great for this image. I love your papers you used. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Maryann Laursen said...

A very beautiful card again Lisa, and I love this cute image with the cutie wellies on ha ha ha Just one my granddaughter would love, as she loves her wellies ha ha ha

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Wow oh wow. This is just dazzling. Love the colors and all the little finishing touches. You have a great eye for detail.
Hugs
Berni
berni46blogspot.

Karon said...

Wonderful card Lisa, love that great image and your layers! TFS

Desire Fourie said...

So pretty and cheerful, Lisa.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Kristine said...

Beautiful card Lisa!! So good to see you playing in our challenges *Ü* Thanks so much and hope to see you next time! xKris
Imagine That! Digis by Kris

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card,Lisa!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Desire Fourie said...

Another Lisa special packed with gorgeousness and attention to detail. Love the sentiment on the side.

Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Desire Fourie said...

Lol this is such a gorgeous design that I have even left two comments xxx
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}