Friday, April 18, 2014

Card Design: Easter Weekend with Nicecrane Designs

For all of my Jewish friends and readers, Good Pesach!  Here in Canada, today is Good Friday and it is considered a national holiday, although it isn't observed officially in Quebec; however, people living in Quebec have Easter Monday off.  Good Friday is also observed in eleven different states in the US and also in several countries including Australia, Bermuda, Brazil, the Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malta, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and Venezuela. So hopefully, even if you don't celebrate Passover or Easter, you'll be in a country or state where you at least get today off of work.

http://nicecranedesigns.com/

Since it is Easter weekend, it is the ideal time to show you four cards I created using images from Nicecrane Designs.  So each day for the next four days, plan on being cutified!  If you, yourself need to make any last minute Easter cards then Nicecrane Designs is definitely the place to head to.  With such a wonderful selection of images to choose from, you'll be sure to find the perfect image to suit your needs.  Now, without further adieu, here is the first of my cards!

FRONT
Digital Image Details:  
  • Easter Calling Card:  Such a cute image right?  What is wonderful is that not only is it suitable for an Easter card but it would be fabulous on a spring card as well.  I can also see this image on a small candle.  Now if I was only brave enough to try and print it out on tissue paper.  As you may recall, the last time I tried, I ended up breaking the printer.  Given that the newest printer was well over $200, I don't think I'm going to risk that again.  But for those of you out there who have done this before and made it work, these images would be adorable on candles.
  • For the purposes of my project, I cropped the calling card so that I could just use the image.  However, these calling cards would be also be perfect for a set of dining room table place settings and so many other ideas as well.  I just love all the varied uses for digital images, don't you?!  Click on the image below to head to its location in the store.
Embellishments: 
  • The little fabric flowers were purchased at Dollarama.
  • The ribbon is from a stash I got from my momma. 
Embossing Folder:
  • Cricut, Paper Lace II embossing folder, was used to create the panel in behind the image. 

INSIDE
Digital Sentiment Details:
  • A freebie I created last year.  You can find it, plus a bunch more by clicking HERE.

OVERALL
Paper Products:
 
  • Card base and embossed panel:  Crafts Brand pastels, purchased at Dollarama.
  • Image & inside sentiment dropback:  Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • The darker green cardstock that I used as matting (front & inside) is Michael's open stock scrapbook paper.
 Challenges I am hoping to enter...
Before I go...
If you are looking for more great images for any of your Easter or spring cards, then be sure to go and check out this adorable collection of Chicks & Ducklings as well (c
lick on image below to head to its location in the store).
http://nicecranedesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117&products_id=1247

Don't forget to also check out the Nicecrane Designs blog to stay current on ALL the latest releases along with fabulous inspiration from my fellow DT members. 

Well, that is it for this post.  Be sure to check in tomorrow for card number two plus other posts I have planned.  There is definitely one in particular, you won't want to miss.

Have a fabulous day everyone!

Until next time,

4 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

Beautiful card Lisa, really beautiful and sooo cute as well. You did an awesome job on this one, I really love it.

SAMARA said...

Happy Easter Weekend to you Lisa! What a beautiful post. I love the history lesson and geographical lesson! I would never know any of this - let alone it occuring to me. I find it fascinating that only 11 States celebrate Easter... Once again, a wonderful job of promoting a fabulous company. It seems you are loving working for this company and using their "stuffs!" Your cards are always so neat with their print offs. Again, all the best to you and Ray for a great Rising! Best, Samara

Karon said...

Sweet card and love the embossed background.

Crafting Vicky said...

Totally adorable my friend! Love how you have done the ribbon!