However, duty calls and it is time to announce the next challenge over at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge. This time around for Challenge #89, the theme for the next two weeks is Fancy Folds. If you've been following me for awhile, you know that I don't stray too far away from your rather ordinary folds. I wish I could learn about all the neat and intricate card folds I see on other people's blogs, but there just never seems to be enough time. However, my fold choice for this particular card was a relatively easy one. Now I have no idea what it is called. I've never seen it in blogland. Where I did come across it was at my sister-in-law's during the Christmas holidays. I really liked it and it was relatively simple so I just memorized what it looked like in my head until I could write it down.
Check it out...
Okay, so it doesn't look like much of a fold from this angle, so I've provided some alternate views to give you a better idea.
- The original one I saw was about 2 inches wide for the three bigger panels and then about 1 inch wide for the two smaller ones. Since I wanted to make the image a bit bigger, I decided to add a half inch to each of the larger panels. When folded down it will be roughly 5 and 1/2 in wide by six inches tall. I definitely plan on making more of these but I think I'm going to go back to the smaller size.
Digital Image Details:
- Lamp Post Banner Tree: For this challenge I got to work with a really cool image. I just love this banner post--especially the shape of the tree. Pattie has a similar one with a candle that I hope to be able to use some day as well. You can find this image in Pattie's Etsy shop by clicking on the image name or watermark linked below.
- One I created. I just added it above the banner before printing.
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's cardstock, white.
- Designer Paper: Recollection's Bright Christmas paper pad.
- Red used as matting is Michael's Recollection's cardstock.
- Avenue 613 -- Anything Goes with optional twist
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://crimbo-crackers.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes Christmas
- http://christmasatsweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk -- Brr Its Cold Outside (hope the fact that it is an outdoors scene at Christmas qualifies)
- http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Favourite Colouring Medium (for me it is a combination of using Copics and another medium, in the case of this card it is chalk)
- http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes Christmas
- http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
I really hope that you will join us sometime during the next two weeks. Don't forget that along with all the typical rules that apply to the majority of challenges out there (please click HERE to become familiar with all the rules), you MUST USE A DIGITAL OR STAMPED IMAGE to qualify for the drawing (unless stated otherwise). We would absolutely love to see you use a Pattie's Creations (PC) image on your card, but you are allowed to use other images. If you do use a PC image, you will gain an extra entry in the draw and will have a better chance to WIN! You can enter twice per challenge and of course MUST follow all the challenge requirements that are posted for each challenge. Easy Peasy right!
As always, I hope that you will also check out what my fabulous teammates have offered up for inspiration and pop over in two weeks time for the next challenge brought to you by Team Pattieboop. Oh and Psst...Pattie is offering up a new freebie today. Freebies go up the first Friday of the month but you better hurry because it will only be available for three days. You won't want to miss it!
Until next time,