Thursday, May 22, 2014

Card Design: Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge #46

http://doodlepantryblog.blogspot.ca/
Oh, oh.  I'm sick AGAIN.  Just when I was making a dent and catching up, some mutant virus attacks me.  Of course the first thing it attacked was my voice, so if nothing else, the hubs is probably enjoying the quiet of the last three days.  Now I just have to find the strength to get at least three more posts done over the next few days and then get at least three more cards and their accompanying posts done by the end of next.  This could get tricky...

Right now, it is time to link up my creation for the latest Doodle Pantry challenge.  This month I created a belated birthday card.  Sadly, I'm a bit behind on getting cards done that I actually need to send out.  This one is for two special men in my life whose birthdays are both in May.  Unfortunately, I'm so behind at making cards at the moment that I'm being a scrooge and sending them one card to cover both their birthdays!  Yeah, I know, bad friend.

Remember, Doodle Pantry challenges are unique.  If you use a Doodle Pantry image (not just a sentiment) then not only will your name be entered for a final prize coupon BUT you will also get the featured product for free.  That is pretty darn incredible!!!  Now of course, you are welcome to submit cards following the rules and theme using an image from any digital company but you will only be entered into the draw for the final prize coupon.

Check out the amazing featured product up for grabs in this month's challenge, for those who do enter using a Doodle Pantry image... 

Check out those cars!  Now, technically this set would have been awesome to make a card for these particular men as they are both classic car freaks.  At least I know which set to use for them for next year.  Now, all I have to do is remember!!!

If you are not participating in a Doodle Pantry challenge, you should really consider doing so.  Everyone is a winner AND unlike progressive challenges where if you miss a challenge you lose the opportunity to play in future ones, the challenge at Doodle Pantry is set so that ANYONE can enter at ANY time, and still have the opportunity to earn the freebie package (following the rules of course). 
  Here is the great kit I worked with for this month.  Check it out...
http://doodlepantry.com/shop.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=812&category_id=69
Once again I have relied on the wonderful Goose Me set which I received for taking part in a previous challenge.  This time around I used a different pre-coloured image and papers, and also used two of the sentiments from the kit.  To purchase it, click HERE or on the watermark above to head its location in the store.

Here are my card and details, hopefully I haven't forgotten anything...

FRONT
Digital Image and Sentiment Details: 
  • Both from the Goose Me set.  Details included above.
Digital Embellishments: 
  • I used an edging template from Marisa Lerin, a designer with Pixel Scrapper and added a shape to make it wider to sit as a backdrop to the sentiment.
  • I also took two of the papers from the Goose Me set and created rectangular shapes.
  • Bevels were added to achieve depth. 
Embellishments:
  • I found some fabulous new sets of buttons at the Dollar Tree.  Such a variety of colours and the ones from the yellow/orange set were perfect for this card.  
Sketch:
INSIDE 
Digital Sentiment Details:
  • Also from the Goose Me set.  Details above. 

OVERALL
Paper Products: 
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.    
Digital Paper Products:
  • The paper in the background on the front and inside is one the papers from the Goose Me set.  Details above.
Challenges I am hoping entering: 
Well guys, that is it for this post.  Thank you so much for taking the time to come and visit me!  Hopefully if I can stay upright, I'll see you all real soon!!! 

Until next time,

15 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a lovely card! What a great showcase for this adorable DP set. Thanks so much for joining us for this month's Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the whimsy DP image. Like the arrangement of how you placed the sentiment. Thank you for entering Doodle Pantry May Ch. Hope you get well soon.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Doodle Pantry DT

Maryann Laursen said...

Sorry to hear you´re under the weather here again, and getting soo behind on things, but unfortunately I can only welcome you in the club of those, as I´m the exact same myself LOL. There just never seems to be enough hours in the days anymore, and there always comes soo much more up than we expect don´t there? Well I sure hope for you, that it´ll turn back to normal right away, whatever normal then are?? Sometimes I think, this is the normal these days LOL. Take good care hun.

Donna Ellis said...

the new set is cute, and your card is so colorful and pretty, Lisa. I hope you are soon feeling better. It's very difficult being chronically ill, but then to have those icky "mystery" viruses" knock us down is even worse, because we never know what to expect next. Please take care of you, and take a break if needed. (that's sound advice for us all, right?) xo

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hope you feel better soon, Lisa! Love your Doodle Pantry card - that image makes me smile!

Karon said...

Wonderful card and love that image. So sorry to hear that you are poorly, just when you were getting back on your feet. Hope you feel better soon.

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Goodness Lisa, this card is totally adorable. I have totally forgotten about this set. So LOVE the great sentiment. You have inspired me to check out some of the older sets and get coloring. =) Thanks for joining us over at the Doodle Pantry challenge!
Hugs, Sarah T

Sharyn Polesel said...

What a fun card! Love that cute image and all of the great colors! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

D- said...

This is ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing this cutie!
FEEL BETTER REAL SOON!!!
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
{PS. I sent you the POP pic and info by email today}

caroline said...

great card, love the image, super
thank you for joining us at crafting from the heart, good luck
caroline dt

Hath said...

Lovely design. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafting from the heart. Good Luck! hugs Angelie

Jodene said...

I love your card, that little goose is just adorable! Hope you're feeling better soon. Thanks for joining us this week at Seize The Birthday :)

Sally said...

Such a fun card..love the image and fab cheery colours. Glad you could play along at Ladybug Crafts Ink this time.
Hugs Sally xxx

Crafting Adventures said...

Great color combo! Thanks for participating in the Doodle Pantry challenge!

Crafting Vicky said...

Super cute! And I'm sure that it will be very much appreciated! Especially knowing that you have been sick!