I happened to be catching up over at my good friend Vicky's blog (aka Crafting Vicky), when I came across an adorable card that she made using an image from Gerda Steiner Design's. I had never heard of GSD before but as soon as I saw the image I fell in love with it. In her post, Vicky alluded to the fact that the image for the progressive challenge was currently available as a freebie. Well, I just couldn't help myself, so I went over to take a look. Sure enough, anyone signing up for the weekly newsletter during the month of May could receive the image. So the fingers got to typing, surely on their own, because my brain knew better than to get involved with ANOTHER progressive challenge and before I knew it, I had received the the newest newsletter with the image plus another bonus freebie, simply for signing up. Then inspiration took hold and voila, I now have my card done in time for Father's Day. Check out the adorable image up for grabs this month...
I mean seriously?! How could anyone resist that image! This image is also currently in the shop for free. Click HERE or on the watermark above to go and check it out.
Here are my card and details, hopefully I haven't forgotten anything...
Digital Image Details:
- Lion and Lamb: You can find this image in the store. Details above.
- This image was coloured in with Copic Markers. Due to the way I was feeling, I didn't take the extra time to check out how a lion is actually coloured so I have a feeling that I may have got things mixed up and that his body is supposed to be lighter and the mane darker. If that is the case, oopsies!
- One I created. You know me, I can't resist a play on words!
- Both the white ribbon and the half pearls are Crafts brand purchased at Dollarama.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- One to follow through from the front of the card. Hee, hee. I hope he likes it!
- Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
- Designer papers: Okay so these papers come from my stash of partially used papers. If I felt better I could probably go looking for the pads they came from but the fact is, I barely have enough energy to sit upright and get this post out. If you really want to know, I can find out for you, just ask. I can tell you that everything was purchased at Michael's and is more than likely from a Recollections pad.
Other challenges I hope to enter...
- Word Art Wednesday -- Anything Goes
- http://treasuredtimesrubberstampschallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://laineyscraftyspace-justforfun.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Ribbons and/or Lace
- http://papermakeupstamps.blogspot.ca/ --String-Twine-Ribbon (plus digi stamp)
- http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.ca/ -- Father's Day or for a male
- http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes but must be a card
- http://www.addalittledazzle.com/dazzling-diva-challenge-26/ --Father's Day or Anything Goes
Well guys, one more post complete. I've got one more to do for the final progressive challenge I am part of and then of course it is on to my regular team duties. I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend and that wherever you are you are happy and healthy! Time for me to crawl back into bad so I can become the same.
Until next time,