Saturday, May 24, 2014

Card Design: Gerda Steiner Designs Progressive Challenge

http://gerdasteinerdesigns.com
Yup, I'm still sick but the end of the month is fast approaching so I need to get my progressive challenge cards and posts completed and uploaded.  And, yup, I've done it again.  I've gotten myself into another one! Lord love a duck.  

I happened to be catching up over at my good friend Vicky's blog (aka Crafting Vicky), when I came across an adorable card that she made using an image from Gerda Steiner Design's.  I had never heard of GSD before but as soon as I saw the image I fell in love with it.  In her post, Vicky alluded to the fact that the image for the progressive challenge was currently available as a freebie.  Well, I just couldn't help myself, so I went over to take a look.  Sure enough, anyone signing up for the weekly newsletter during the month of May could receive the image.  So the fingers got to typing, surely on their own, because my brain knew better than to get involved with ANOTHER progressive challenge and before I knew it, I had received the the newest newsletter with the image plus another bonus freebie, simply for signing up.  Then inspiration took hold and voila, I now have my card done in time for Father's Day.  Check out the adorable image up for grabs this month...
http://gerdasteinerdesigns.com/new-products/lion-and-lamb-digital-stamp
I mean seriously?!  How could anyone resist that image!  This image is also currently in the shop for free.  Click HERE or on the watermark above to go and check it out.

Here are my card and details, hopefully I haven't forgotten anything...

FRONT

Digital Image Details:
  • Lion and Lamb:  You can find this image in the store.  Details above.
  • This image was coloured in with Copic Markers.  Due to the way I was feeling, I didn't take the extra time to check out how a lion is actually coloured so I have a feeling that I may have got things mixed up and that his body is supposed to be lighter and the mane darker.  If that is the case, oopsies!
Digital Sentiment Details:
  • One I created.  You know me, I can't resist a play on words!
Embellishments:

  • Both the white ribbon and the half pearls are Crafts brand purchased at Dollarama.
INSIDE 
Digital Sentiment Details:
  • One to follow through from the front of the card.  Hee, hee.  I hope he likes it!

OVERALL
Paper Products: 

  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.    
  • Designer papers: Okay so these papers come from my stash of partially used papers.  If I felt better I could probably go looking for the pads they came from but the fact is, I barely have enough energy to sit upright and get this post out.  If you really want to know, I can find out for you, just ask.  I can tell you that everything was purchased at Michael's and is more than likely from a Recollections pad.
Challenges I am hoping entering: 
 Other challenges I hope to enter...
Well guys, one more post complete.  I've got one more to do for the final progressive challenge I am part of and then of course it is on to my regular team duties.  I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend and that wherever you are you are happy and healthy!  Time for me to crawl back into bad so I can become the same.



Until next time,


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautifully done. The image is adorable. We like to see your wonderful art here at Word Art Wednesday. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. God Bless, Carole

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Lisa.

jane stillman said...

A brilliant card, and just love the fun sentiment. Thank you for joining in the Just for Fun challenge, good luck

Jacquel said...

Such a sweet card & an adorable image...very nice work!

Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Simply Create Too & hope to see you back again for our next challenge!!!

Edwina said...

Awww! How cute is this! I love your Father's day card. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Crafting Vicky said...

ahhhhh I'm soooo happy that I got you hooked! Isn't it just fabulous?!? I'm sure that you won't regret it... funny how your fingers had a mind of their own hee hee hee

maria f. said...

Love the pun and also your choice of PP for that sweet image. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!

Jo Ann said...

This is a wholatta cuteness! I love the image you used and the awesome lay-out and fab colors. We are so blessed you joined our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday last week and hope you join us again this week. Leaving you with an encouragement from Psalm 119:50 which says, "My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life." Hugs and blessings...

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Lisa: Great FD Card! Thanks for entering our "Father's Day/For a Male" Challenge#62 at Simply Create Too.


Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com