Thursday, May 01, 2014

Card Design: Scribbles Designs Challenge #16 Midway Point

Hello all my lovlies.  It is time to present my midway project for the latest Scribbles Designs Challenge.  There are two whole weeks left for you to come on over and enter. In case you've missed it, the theme this month for Challenge #16, is Doodle Time.   Did you know that there are benefits to doodling? While it seems counter intuitive, doodling can apparently help you to focus and remember things. Well, we are putting doodling to the test this month and want to see you use either a doodle image of some nature or another form of doodling somewhere on your project. 

Entering is super simple!  You do not need to use a Scribbles Designs image; however, if you do, your name gets entered into the draw twice.  You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE or you can also find one for a limited time on the challenge blog HEREAlso, be sure to check out Sam's special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection.  You can find the rest of the rules and information regarding winners in the sidebar on the challenge blog.  You have until 9pm PST on May 14th to come over and play with us.

In honour of our 25th wedding anniversary which the hubs and I celebrated on Tuesday, I have decided to create an homage to love by designing a digital journal page of sorts.

For this project I used one of Sandy's fabulous Doodle images.  This one is called Heart Doodle 3Click on the name or watermark below to take you to its location in the store.  Sandy has such an incredible collection of Doodle images. You should really check them out.
http://buyscribblesdesigns.blogspot.ca/2013/08/a-20-heart-doodle-3-300.html
Here is my project and the details.  I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

DIGITAL JOURNAL PAGE
Digital Image:
  • Heart Doodle 3: Details can be found above.  
  • It has been coloured in digitally and adjusted using a simple filter.
  • All the different words describing what 'love is' were added to each heart.
Digital Sentiment:
  • One I created for the purposes of this project.   
Digital Embellishments:
  • I created a simple shape to provide me with a large enough area for my sentiment.
  • I added scalloped edging on the edge of it using a template designed by Marisa Lerin, a designer with Pixel Scrapper 
Digital Paper:
  • Once again I have relied on my wonderful new digital paper pack created by Kris B. from Imagine That Digis.  I used a paper that I haven't had the chance to yet.  It is from the pack called "Ticket to Bliss".  To purchase this particular paper pack, click on the watermark you see below.
http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/p147/Ticket_to_Bliss_Digi_Papers.html
Gallery I am hoping to upload to...
Challenges I am hoping to enter...

So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our Doodle Time theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store (you can click the image above to head there now).  With so many possible projects to create, the ideas are boundless.  Remember there is still two weeks left to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time, I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT.  We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme! 

Until next time,

7 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

Such a beautiful digital page here Lisa, you did an awesome job on this.

maureenjscott said...

Fabulous page! love it! Thanks for sharing at our Anything Goes in May Challenge at Crafting By Designs! Great to see you here! Mo xxx

Rocky said...

Love how you filled the page. Thank you for joining us at Craft My Life.

Anonymous said...

Hi, A lovely card, love the image and the pretty colours. Thank you for joining Crafting From The Heart this week. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Erin DT x

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow wow wow Lisa this is the most stunning journal page creation. Its just so beautifully executed from each heart having its own unique word to the stunning design with the hearts design paper and the Love sentiment on the side. I would so love to be living next door to you to be able to come for personal photoshop lessons from you.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Mrs A. said...

A fab piece of digital art work. I am in awe of anyone being able to wiz around don their computer and make such awesome layouts. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft My Life Challenge. Hugs Mrs A. (DT).

Crafting Vicky said...

wow I'm always amazed with your digital work and this is no exception it's fabulous. Love all the added words!!!