Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Card Design: Two Challenges -- One Card

This month I've decided to create a card using the stamp that I got in the Imagine That progressive challenge to create the front of my card and then take a freebie I got from MelJen's to create the inside of my card.

First up for the FRONT OF THE CARD--Imagine That...Progressive Challenge for May
http://imaginethatdigistamp.blogspot.ca/
Can you believe it?! It is only the middle of the month and I am actually ready to upload my creation for the Imagine That Progressive Challenge.  Of course since I was using the image to make my momma her Mother's Day card, I guess it is only fitting I have it done already.
I am so lucky that I am part of this wonderful progressive challenge.  Kris is an amazing designer and I just love getting a chance to earn her fabulous new sets each month by linking up. 

This month the set that everyone who is part of the progressive challenge gets to play with, is the sweet "Girl with MOM Banner"
.
http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/p219/Girl_with_Mom_Banner.html
So cute, right?!  As always, you get the option of working with whichever version of the image you'd like to.  There are some great sentiments in the set to work with as well.  
 
Here are my card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything... 

General Comments: 

  • I wanted to design my card so that I could incorporate the bookmark I created for my momma (click HERE to check that post out) right into the card layout.  I think it turned out rather well.
 
FRONT

Digital Image Details: 
  • Girl with MOM Banner:  If you don't have it, this set is available in the store for purchase at a discount for the remainder of May. Click on the image name or the watermark above to head to its location in the store.
  • This time I used a combination of digital colouring, digital paper piecing, and hand colouring with Copic markers.
  • Digital Credits include:
    • Cloud pattern:  Webtreats, etc. 
    • Grass: one of the default brushes in Photoshop Elements 12
    • Hat, dress, socks and shoes were paper pieced with digital papers from the Thursday Break kit created by Correen Silke available at {Computer}Scrapbook.com.
  • All other elements of the image were coloured with Copics.
Embellishments:
  • Pink lace ribbon and flowers were purchased at Dollarama. 
Now for the INSIDE OF THE CARD with MelJen's Designs...

I really am such an uber fan of Melissa Jenkins.  Her images are just so stinkin' adorable.  They are also very distinctive.  Any time I see a card with one of her images, I know right away that Melissa designed it.  Unfortunately, I don't get to create very often using her images but whenever I can I will try to slip one into my card.  Currently the MelJen's blog has a Mom challenge going on so it was the perfect time to add one of her images to my card. The image I chose worked well with the overall card.
 
INSIDE

Digital Image Details: 

  • This image is called Dandylion Mouse, and is available for purchase over at Meljen's Designs.  Click HERE or on the watermark below to go to its location in the store. I picked it up during a weekend freebie event, a little while back.

http://meljensdesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=63&products_id=37
  • The image was coloured in with Copic markers and then I used some blue chalk to give the illusion of swirling air.  Here is a close up of the little cutie pie.

Digital Sentiment Details:  
  • One available in Girl with MOM Banner set from Imagine That.  Details for this set listed in the above section.
OVERALL
Paper Products:
 

  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Soda Pop collection.
  • The striped paper on the front and inside is a digital paper from the same kit I used to do my paper piecing (details above).

Digital Embellishments:
  • The matting in behind the image on the front and the frame on the inside were adapted using a layer style from The Scrappin' Cop.
Challenges: 
Others I might get it into... 
Thanks for popping by everyone! I am EXTREMELY late getting supper prepared but I only had a few hours left to get my card into the Meljen's challenge, so the hubs has to suffer once again.  Maybe one of these days he won't have to suffer so much for my art.

Until next time,


 

7 comments:

Karon said...

Wonderful card - love the images you have used, both inside and out :-) TFS

ike said...

Oh, truly delightful !! Such a pretty card and super little image on the inside too. :-D Well done for being so far in advance LoL

Hugz
IKE xxxx

Unknown said...

Oh .. this is WONDERFUL!!!! I love it!! Inside AND Out!!! Great images! Your coloring is fantastic on both images! LOVE your ribbon too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Meljen's Designs!!! Good Luck! I hope I see you again for our next challenge :)

- Susan, Senior DT Member @ Meljen's Designs
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

Edwina said...

Lisa, Your card is so adorable! I love both the outside and inside. Your Mom will love it. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow you have brought her to life beautifully with your amazing colouring. Just adore the clouds and of course the super cute inside too.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Crafting Vicky said...

This is sooooo perfect! I'm always amazed how you can combine images that way for the outside and inside! That's really awesome.

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo Lisa,
eine wunderschöne Karte hast du gestaltet. Das TAG gefällt mir sehr gut zu dem Motiv. Ich bin begeistert. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Imagine That Digis by Kris Challenge. Liebe Grüße Silvi