Sunday, May 25, 2014

Card Design: DS4J Progressive Christmas Card Challenge...May

http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.ca/2014/01/monthly-christmas-challenge-january-2014.html
Thank you for your continued well wishes.  One one hand my throat is not quite so raw.  On the other hand, my chest is a bit worse.  Given that over the course of most viruses, my symptoms morph around a bit, I'm taking it in stride.  Also, even though I've crawled out of bed a lot later than I would have liked, at least I crawled out of bed.  I'l mark that in the win column for today.  I am also thankful that I have FINALLY finished all my cards for all the different progressive challenges I take part in.

Right now, it is time to submit my card for this month's Progressive Christmas Challenge taking place over at DigiStamps4Joy.  Now while it is one more card to add to the Christmas Card Pot to help me avoid the yearly Christmas Card Panic, sadly it looks like I'm not going to achieve my goal of two cards this month.
Christmas Card Count to date: 10

I'm going to need to be getting some extra holiday cards made and soon!  Here is the DS4J image we get to use this month:
http://digistamps4joy.co.za/eshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1054
...and here is my card, I hope that I haven't forgotten any details: 

FRONT
Digital Image Details:
  • King 1-Time to Go:  If you aren't part of the progressive challenge and would like to purchase it so that you can join in, click HERE or on the watermark above to find it in the DS4J store.
  • This image has been coloured in with Copic Markers.  I used chalk to create some ground.
Embellishments: 
  • The little half pearls are Crafts brand from Dollarama.
 
INSIDE 
OVERALL
Digital Sentiments: 
  • Both the sentiment on the front and the one on the inside are from the fabulous Create With TLC.    Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store.  Seriously, what would I do without the incredible generosity of this woman?!
  • I used chalk to highlight the one on the front. 
Paper Products: 
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's cardstock, cream.
  • Designer Paper:  From my scrap collection.  Once again I just don't have the energy to go find out what book it was from.  Sorry!
  • The yellowish textured sheet (also from my stash but at least I remember this one) used on the front and the dark brown cardstock (matting for front and inside) is Michael's open stock scrapbook paper. 
Challenges I hope to enter...

If you are interested in joining the DS4J progressive Christmas card challenge you will need to contact Desíre (her details are at the bottom of the post).  I've linked the badge above to take you to that post. 

Well, one more card is finally done. Soon it will be time to reveal the list of people who earned the paper for May in the 12 Months of Christmas link up. Don't forget you can jump in and add your own holiday cards to it as well. Click HERE for all the details. You still have a little over six days to link up your two cards for May in order to get your free paper for the month.

No rest for the sick as I've not got several projects and posts for upcoming DT assignments due in the next few days.  Plus I need to be working on putting together a kit for an upcoming challenge I am sponsoring, plus, plus, plus...God, give me strength...

Until next time,

17 comments:

lauren bergold said...

what a lovely card and a very cool interpretation of our "peace" theme at JINGLE BELLES! (ps: your coloring is wonderful, as well... and the argyle paper is totally FAB!) ♥

Borqna said...

Excellent idea!
Bravo!
Good luck!

Unknown said...

Pretty Design Thank you for sharing with us over at Completely Christmas
we would love to see you back again next week for another great challenge.....
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Completely Christmas
XX

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Lisa, you have brought the old camel to life beautifully with your awesome colouring. It is really stunning and I love joyous sentiment on the inside. Thanks for showcasing the DS4J Christmas Challenge so wonderfully here.
Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of June.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Peanut said...

Have to say, the camel card made me smile. That's a fine looking camel. Lovely papers and the simple sketch allows all attention to fall on the beautiful images. Well done, Lisa. Thanks for joining our May Stash challenge at 52 {C}CT. Have a great week!
hugs, Asha

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi Lisa - this is a very nice image that evokes the true meaning of Christmas. Love your patterns on the paper and the way you decorated the inside as well. 3 out of 4 is great for the challenge this week at 52CCT - so glad that you joined us :o) Get fully better soon. Hugs D

SmilynStef said...

Pretty coloring ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

Lisa Minckler said...

They are wonderful!!!

Karon said...

Fabulous card and love that camel ! TFS

Marina said...

The patterned paper looks great combined with that image, and I love that you have taken trouble with the inside too. Thanks a lot for joining in with my Festive 48. Hope you can link up again next week. Marina http://myperfectlifeuk.blogspot.co.uk

Mynn xx said...

What super fun images! LOVE the plaid paper, too! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! HUGS and enjoy the rest of your week! :) Mynn xx

Jacqueline said...

A really lovely card - perfect for our challenge this week at 52CCT - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

JoAnn said...

Love your card, the inside is just as pretty as the outside. Thanks for sharing at CSAYL.

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 13 with your lovely card - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT and thanks also for sharing this for CHNC challenge extra for May and my patterned paper May challenge - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Edwina said...

Lisa, Your Christmas card is so pretty! I love the sentiment. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Crafting Vicky said...

Totally awesome! love the layering you have done on this card!

Ruth M said...

Lovely card Lisa, great colouring of the image! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x