Friday, May 23, 2014

Card Design: From the Heart Stamps May Challenge

http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/blog/
Swallowing is excruciating, my head feels like it is in a vice and don't even get me started on what is going on in my chest.  Thank goodness for throat numbing lozenges and expectorant cough syrup and more importantly for a husband willing to go and pick them up for me.  While it is a difficult day, the fact that I can drag myself out of bed and sit at the computer for even a little while to finish up the post I started last night, is one for the win column.  It may be a small victory, but it is a victory nonetheless.  Thank you to those of you who've left me well wishes.  I'm hoping they'll all band together and get busy working!

So before any more time goes by this month, it is time to post my project for the May, From the Heart Stamps progressive stamp of the month challenge.  In order to enter the progressive challenge, you must either have received the latest image by having participated in the previous month or you can buy the stamp for the current month's challenge.  Everyone who enters and follows the rules is a winner because you automatically get the stamp for the next month's challenge.  Stop by the site and check out the rules for yourself.  While you are there, have a look around.  They have some really great images.


I am also entering this card into the current sketch challenge taking place over at From the Heart Stamps.  It also qualifies for the twist aspect of the challenge--stitching, digital stamp, buttons.


I had another belated birthday card to make and this image was perfect for that particular card. Check it out...
 
FRONT
Digital Image Details: 
  • The image on the front, Whimsy Garden Fence, is available for purchase over at From the Heart Stamps.  Click HERE or on the watermarks below to go to its location in the store. It was coloured in with Copic Markers.
http://fromtheheartstamps.com/shop/from-the-garden/147-whimsy-garden-fence.html
Embellishments: 
  • Buttons were purchased from the Dollar Tree.  
Digital Embellishments:
  • I created a rectangular shape using a digital paper from the Celebrate Summer kit.  Details below.
INSIDE  
Digital Sentiment:
  • The happy birthday part of the sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC.  Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store.  The top part was created by me.
OVERALL
Paper Products:

  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
Digital Papers:
  • The background paper on the front and inside are also from the Celebrate Summer kit created by Rachel Dickson available at {Computer}Scrapbook.com.
Digital Embellishments:
  • The circle shape was created in Photoshop Elements and the stitched circle was created using Libre Office Draw.
  • I think all the stuffiness clouded my brain when I was designing this one a couple nights ago.  I completely forgot to add bevels to get a sense of depth.  Additionally if you look close enough, you'll see a small white rectangle on the lower right side.  When I created the stitched circle, even though I saved it as a png it created a white background which I had to delete when I brought it into Photoshop.  Apparently, part of the image must have been hanging over the edge because it didn't achieve complete transparency and I didn't see it until it was all printed out.  Thankfully, the button on the front covers up some of it.  Hopefully the fourteen year old receiving it won't notice. 
Challenges I am hoping to enter:
Others I might get it into...  
 
Thanks for popping by everyone!  I hope you enjoyed my card and post.  If I can pull it off, I've got another post I want to get out tomorrow.  The end of the month is fast approaching and I still have two more posts to create to get entered on time.  Let's hope that I don't get any sicker throughout the night so I can get it all done!
 
Until next time,



12 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love your card Lisa. The image is adorable. Thanks for sharing it over at Seize the Birthday.

JoAnn said...

Love your card Lisa. The image is adorable. Thanks for sharing it over at Seize the Birthday.

Maryann Laursen said...

A really beautiful card here again Lisa, and such a gorgeous image.
I sure hope, you´ll feel much better really soon, and get all over this issue here once and for all now. Take good care.

Unknown said...

WHAT A LOVELY POST AND WHAT A LOVELY BLOG :)

Unknown said...

LOVELY BLOG

Unknown said...

Adorable project! Love the colors. Thanks for playing at Crafting from the heart. Hope to see you next challenge. Good luck.

Stephanie said...

What an adorable card, I love everything about it the colors are fantastic. Thanks for playing along with us at From The Heart Stamps.

Jo said...

Lovely card, fab colouring, especially the detailling on the fence.
I hope you feel better soon.
Thank you for joining in the I {heart} sketches challenge.
Jo (GD)

Michelle said...

Great job on the sketch and challenge! Thanks for joining us at From The Heart Stamps!!

Nancy said...

Love your card Lisa and the image is adorable. Love the way you did the sentiment inside...very clever! Thanks for sharing it over at Seize the Birthday. Hope to see you again!

Crafting Vicky said...

wow you really have been down in the rut... so sorry about that! Love how you have managed to make this fabulous card however! So cuuuute!

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute card! Great job with our SOTM! Thank you for playing along with us at FTHS!