It is time for the next challenge over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog.
This month for Challenge #17, the theme is Let Them Eat Cake! This month we have a double challenge for you. Not only do we want you to use food or food related items (i.e. cups, teapots, etc.), BUT we also want you to follow this wonderful palette from Design Seeds when creating your project. So, stir up your appetite and serve us up some tasty treats.
You can purchase your Scribbles Designs images HERE and there is a free image over on the challenge blog as well to help get you started. Also, be sure to check out Sam's special Freebie Friday posts as it is another great way to build your Scribbles Designs collection.
To help inspire you, I've created a card using one of Sandy's new food images, Birthday Cake Slice. Right now, Sandy is offering up this image for FREE, FREE, FREE! So be sure to click HERE to go and grab it while you can! Please be sure to leave a little love for her, if you do pick it up.
Here are my card and details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...
- This card was for my poppa's birthday last week.
- I also managed to get almost all the colours in my project too! Woo hoo!
Digital Image Details:
- Birthday Cake Slice: Information for how to obtain this image is included above.
- This image was coloured in using Copic markers. It was then fussy cut and added to the front.
- Gem stones are Crafts brand items, purchased at Dollarama.
- The curling ribbon is from my stash.
- The large dots on the card base were created with a Goosebumpz embossing folder using my wonderful Big Shot machine.
- The word 'celebrate' was cut using the Birthday Bash cartridge using a paper from the Pink Buttons cardstock collection, purchased at Michaels.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- This great sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store. I changed the colour to dark brown before printing.
- I also added some faux stitching around the edge of the 'box'.
- The card base was cut also using the Birthday Bash cartridge.
- Card base: Crafts Brand Cardstock, pastel blue -- purchased at Dollarama.
- Brown cardstock used for matting -- Crafts Brand Cardstock, browns collection -- purchased at Dollarama.
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://qkrstampede.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Use Gems or Rhinestones
- http://challenges4everybody.blogspot.co.uk/ -- Anything Goes
- http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes Birthday
So put on those thinking caps and design a project that fits our theme. If you need some images to help you out you can check out all wonderful ones that are in the Scribbles store. You have an entire month to enter at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog, so I hope to see you there. If you have some time I invite you to go and check out the wonderful inspiration offered up from my colleagues on the DT. We always look forward to seeing what you come up with for each month's theme!
Until next time,