Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Card Design: Ike's World Challenge #18...Song/Film Title

A lovely early Tuesday morning to you all.  Hopefully, I am snuggled in bed resting, trying to work this virus through my system and Blogger is behaving and posting this as scheduled.

It is time to share the new Ike's World Challenge.  This fortnight the theme is Song/Film TitleThis card is based on the song Always by Atlantic Star.  It came out in 1987, the year that the hubs and I met and it became "our song".  This challenge presented me with the perfect opportunity to create our 25th wedding anniversary card which was exactly four weeks ago today on April 29th.  I am very proud of this card.  Check it out...

OVERALL VIEWS (left click to bring up in the lightbox for a better overall view)

BREAKDOWN OF MOST IMPORTANT PANELS
Digital Image Details:  
  • With This Ring: You can find it in the 'My Latest Designs' section of the Ike's Art store or by clicking on the name or watermark below.  I really struggled in March because I just didn't know what I was going to do for this very important card.  Then Ike came out with this image as part of a new release and my heart heaved a giant sigh of joy.  Thank you so much Ike!  This was the perfect image for this special card.

http://www.ikesart.com/#!__digital-art-stamps/productsstackergalleryv20=16
    • I have coloured this image with Copic markers.  Skin:  E000, E00, E02, R20.  Dress and dress shirt: colourless blender, N0, C1.  Ring: Y28.  Tie: C1, C3, C5. Jacket:  C5, C7, Black.  I had really wanted to colour it with the colours of our own outfits that day, (ivory for my dress and navy blue for the hub's suit).  However, I just didn't have the correct colours that would have done it justice.
Embellishments: 
  • The flowers are from a stash I got from my momma.  The colours, peach and ivory, represent the colours of our wedding.
  • Ribbon is Crafts brand purchased at Michael's.


Digital Sentiment Details:
  • I created both the verses and sentiments in Libre Office Draw.
Die Cut:
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities Lattice Rectangles.
Cricut Cartridge:
  • The numbers were cut using the Opposites Attract cartridge.

OVERALL
Paper Products:
 

  • Card base and die cut pieces: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
  • Designer papers:  'Today, Tomorrow, Forever' pad (or at least that is what I think it is called) from Me and My Big Ideas available at Michael's.
  • Silver cardstock used as matting is Michael's open stock scrapbook paper. 
Challenges I am hoping to enter... 

Remember, you can join in Ike's challenge with a creation using any kind of medium or style but in order to qualify to win the prize you MUST use an Ike's Art image. You can find some fab ones in the store HERE.  There is also a freebie available over on the challenge blog that you can use to enter the challenge but please be respectful of the artist's rights and do not post, pin or share the image with anyone else. Instead, if you know some people who might like it, send them over to the challenge blog so they can pick it up for themselves.

What will you create using one of Ike's wonderful images? You have two weeks to pop over to Ike's World Challenges and play along with us in our Song/Film Title challenge. You can find out everything you need to know in order to play, by heading to the challenge blog. I've linked the logo at the top of the page to take you there. While you are over there, please be sure to check out the incredible creations offered up by some of my fellow DT members and don't forget to pop over to the challenge blog next Tuesday when team B's creations will be showcased. Don't forget to have a peek and check out all the amazing images in the store as well. The logo below is linked to take you there.

Until next time,

10 comments:

ike said...

This is sooooo beautiful Lisa. I was busting for it to be published. A totally FABULOUS creation and such gorgeous colouring :-) Many CONGRATS to you both (I know it's late)
Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog

Karon said...

Beautiful card and love the image. Congrats on your Silver Wedding Anniversary. TFS

Maryann Laursen said...

A very beautiful card, and a big CONGRATULATION with your 25th weddinganniversary what we here call the Silverwedding too. Hope it´s been 25 great years, and the next 25 will be just as magical too. I´ve almost been married for 40 years here, and it´s still as awesome as it was back then, and the years just puffd away somehow. Wonder where they went so fast?

Arlene said...

What a wonderful card. Loving and beautiful.

So glad you shared your loving card on Die Cut Divas.

Unknown said...

Super Design, as always it is a pleasure to see your Creations, and thank you for sharing them with us over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge, it is much appreciated...I hope you will join us again for another fun challenge next week, and good luck in the draw for this week...
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's
XX

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely card for Crafting Musketeers challenge 13: anything but square, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers - thank you also for entering this for my Patterned Paper May challenge. x

Edwina said...

Lisa, this is FANTASTIC! So beautiful! You made a creation that is so special. I love it! Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Crafting Vicky said...

ahhhh such a great card for such a big occasion!!! Love it!

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your super creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 30: for the guys - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Desire Fourie said...

Lisa I am not sure whether I have congratulated the two of you on your 25 awesome years of dedication to love. Huge congrats. Your creation is just stunning and you have coloured Ike's image so beautifully.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}